ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work experience issue --PLEASE HELP!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sammyw
Newly Registered

Work experience issue --PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post by sammyw » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:40 pm

Hello,
I am writing with regard to my work experience. I have been working in the UK as a medical sales representative since Oct 2004 on a working holiday visa which began on Aug 13/04. The company that I am working for has agreed to pay for my visa under the HSMP scheme but I will need to submit my application within the next week or so because my current visa is about to expire. The issues that I have are as follows:

1. Although the lawyer that I am working with says that the current information that I have provided should be sufficient to prove that I am working at a graduate level--I am two months short of two years using my current position

2. Although I have worked as an analyst for Hewlett Packard and the letter of reference states that the position is graduate level, I held the post while I was in univeresity and so it may be excluded.

Hence, I am not really sure if there is any way for me to proceed or anything that I should use to beef up my case for the work experience.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Rocio
Newly Registered

Re: Work experience issue --PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post by Rocio » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:46 pm

I was in the same dilema as you. I just applied for my HSMP and am waiting my letter now as a decision has been made.

I held a position during my last two university years full time. I attended night school full time as well and i had my previous employer state that on my reference letter. I also included 3 job postings exactly like the one position I held all stating the position was a degree required positon. Since i was working on my degree in conjuction to working full time I hope it helped me.

I will post the outcome of their decision once i receive it any day now.

Hope this helps.

Rocio
Houston, TX

sammyw
Newly Registered

Post by sammyw » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:35 pm

Thanks a bunch! I hope that it works out for you as well!

Currently, my lawyer is submitting the FLR at the same time as my HSMP so that I can continue to work. If I submit my current application and worst case scenario it is rejected and my subsequent reviews are rejected and I have to submit another application after Oct when I will have passed the two year point, will I then have to stop working while the second review is being done?