ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife on family visit visa what options to stay longer?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

weetabix
Newly Registered

Post by weetabix » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:45 am

My wife (I am British she is Asian) is here on a family visit visa my mother is her sponsor. I was told she cannot change this visa into a Spouse visa from within the Uk, what options do we have for staying in Uk longer? Would EEA2 permit help? I have just returned to Uk after working abroad for many years and am currently unemployed. and claiming Job seekers allowance for myself only.

Help please

Steve Pip

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:46 am

Where were you working? Did your wife stay with you there?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

weetabix
Newly Registered

Post by weetabix » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:28 pm

vinny wrote:Where were you working? Did your wife stay with you there?
***Yes my wife stayed with me since we were married and we both moved to Korea(where I worked) though there was a delay while she got her Korean visa sorted out.

Steve Pip

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Your time working in Korea won't enable your wife to apply through the EU route.

weetabix
Newly Registered

Options open to us

Post by weetabix » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:59 pm

My Chinese wife of almost two years is now in the UK on a family visit visa. What options are open to me after this expires. We have been together for 8 years now, but due to visa and work problems there has been long gaps. Is there any rights to appeal under compassionate grounds. I feel that husband and wife should be together and that this should be a basic human right. We have previously been together in Korea for 18 months on a holiday visa and then a spouse visa as suggested by Korean immigration. We followed this procedure for the Uk as we were on a small Korean island and could not get any decent visa advice.

Steve Pip

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:00 am

She should take the KOL test and subsequently apply for a spouse visa from outside the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:21 pm

She will be unable to apply for a spouse visa from within the UK. Don't consider her overstaying the visitor visa, as this will only complicate any future visa applications.
Have you been married for more than 4 years and living together outside of the UK during the last 4 years without any considerable time gaps?