ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS EEA2 a solution for us at all?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

weetabix
Newly Registered

IS EEA2 a solution for us at all?

Post by weetabix » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:54 am

My wife (I am British she is Asian married 18 months) is here on a family visit visa my mother is her sponsor. I was told she cannot change this visa into a Spouse visa from within the Uk, what options do we have for staying in Uk longer? I don't want her to have to go back home and apply for a spouse visa. Would EEA2 permit help if I can obtaina job in say France? I have just returned to Uk after working abroad for many years and am currently unemployed. and claiming Job seekers allowance for myself only.

Steve Pip

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:32 pm

Read the following before you uproot yourself to France.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-in-uk/

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:32 pm

If you go to any other EU member state (e.g. Ireland, Netherlands, France, Germany, but not the UK), then your wife can come with you. If you want to remain for more than 90 days, then you must be working or otherwise exercising treaty rights.

No need to do any application through UKBA.

Which country is your wife from?