ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are we on the same boat?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sparta

Are we on the same boat?

Post by sparta » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi,
I just wanted to know who are the people here who have or had the same situation below:

My friend applied for an extension on her TIER 4 student visa, after 2 months it was refused by the home office. By that time my friend already finished her course and got her certificate of award. She was given the right to appeal, but an appeal would be redundant because she already completed her degree. Because of time constraint, a solicitor advised her to apply an appeal which she did. As an appeal seemed pointless now, can she apply for a PSW and withdraw her TIER 4 appeal?

Guys, who had the same situation please tell us what you did and if the out of time PSW application that you made was successful or not. Your actual experiences would be helpful.

Thank you all..