ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confused

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gurungboi2
Newly Registered

confused

Post by gurungboi2 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:12 pm

Hello, need some help. here's my story.

I am a student in a highly trusted college studying dental nursing( level 3) which i am about finish this month. My visa is about to expire on januart 2012. My employee was suppose to give me a work permit but the tier 2 rules changed where a work permit holder must be a graduate meaning at least level 4. so i need some opionion on these.

1. Thinking of joining BSc(Hons) Nursing and Healthcare - Top up Degree
in CENTRAL COLLEGE LONDON which is in partnership with WEST LONDON UNIVERSITY.(what i want to know is that if i take this course, which is a duration of 1 year, can me and my dependent be allowed to work as both me and my depedent are in UK already in which also after this course my employee will give me work permit as well.)

2. thinking of joing MSc in Public Health which is a 3 years course in east london university which i know that both me and my husband should be allowed to work.( but the thing is that can i just do 1 year of the course and apply for the work permit because my manager thinks this course is too long and rules can be changed anytime.)

me and my depedent have been in the tier 4 catergery from 2009

please help

gurungboi2
Newly Registered

question

Post by gurungboi2 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:17 am

From 4 July 2011, you cannot bring your dependants to the UK unless you are:

sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at NQF level 7 or above which lasts 12 months or more; or

1.this is the new rules for depedent. but does this rules lies to the dependent who are already in the uk?

2. must a student be in both lvl7 course which last for 12 months or more or can it be either for it like for example level 6 course lasting 12 months or more in a HEI