ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Before BC jobless period

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cosmos

Before BC jobless period

Post by Cosmos » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:42 am

Dear experts,

After a month of getting ILR I was made redundant and I'm now looking for a job but I was wondering if this is going to affect my future BC application next year.

Your help is appreciated. Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:47 am

No. There is no requirement to be in employment when applying for naturalisation. Also, you might be entitled to JSA, and this has no affect on your application.

Cosmos

Post by Cosmos » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:56 am

Jambo wrote:No. There is no requirement to be in employment when applying for naturalisation. Also, you might be entitled to JSA, and this has no affect on your application.
Many thanks for your quick reply Jambo but I saw somewhere on the application form a requirement of letter or details of employer, am I right?

Also, what are the steps to follow after ILR, is naturalization first and then British passport and the ceremony?

And last, what are the advantages of applying through NCS?

Thanks so much for your help.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:14 pm

Cosmos wrote:
Jambo wrote:No. There is no requirement to be in employment when applying for naturalisation. Also, you might be entitled to JSA, and this has no affect on your application.
Many thanks for your quick reply Jambo but I saw somewhere on the application form a requirement of letter or details of employer, am I right?
As part of the Good Character requirement, you are asked to provide the details of your employer if you work (so the HO can check if your taxes are in order). However, if is not a requirement. If you don't work, you just don't fill in that part (stay-at-home mum/dads are also allowed to apply for naturalisation :-) ).
Also, what are the steps to follow after ILR, is naturalization first and then British passport and the ceremony?
Naturalisation. If granted, Citizenship ceremony. If you wish, passport.
And last, what are the advantages of applying through NCS?
The main advantage is that you keep your original documents with you as they will photocopy them and forward the copies to the HO. They will also go over the form to make sure you have completed it correctly and have the correct supporting documents.

Cosmos

Post by Cosmos » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Thank you so much Jambo! You're a star!!

All the best