ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Bank statements/financial proof

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Earthling
Newly Registered

FLR (M) Bank statements/financial proof

Post by Earthling » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:20 pm

I apologise as I'm sure this topic has come up before but the information on here is overwhelming. I'd really appreciate some help.

My husband and I are preparing to send in our FLR (M) form this week. We have everything except the bank statements which are being sent to us from Natwest. I have a few questions:

1. Does anybody know what they are looking for regarding finances? Is it just that our income is higher than expenditure or do they want to see savings etc?

2. We got married in June, started living together then and opened a joint bank account in July this year. I am planning to only send in our bank statements since that date, so five monthsish of statements. Do you think that will be enough?

3. I am planning to mark our wages in one coloured pen and our fixed bills in another, just to make it clearer for them. Is that a bad idea?

TIA for any replies :)

Bingobango
Newly Registered

Post by Bingobango » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:05 pm

"In 2006, the UKAIT in UKAIT 00065 KA and Others (Pakistan), strongly suggested that it would not be appropriate to have immigrant families existing on resources that were less than the Income Support level for a British family of that size."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... e/ecg/maa/

Hope that helps

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:03 pm

See also income and guidance

Earthling
Newly Registered

Post by Earthling » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:27 pm

Thank you.

I can't find a clear answer for what is the actual income support leve? The tables seem to show what money you can get whilst on income support, but not what the threshold is for being eligible to receive it. My husband and I earn about £1,700 a month after tax and NI, I'm sure that doesn't qualify us for any income support but can someone confirm? We have no children or dependants. Also he is already in the country on a work visa and living with me, if that makes any difference.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:32 pm

Earthling wrote:Thank you.

I can't find a clear answer for what is the actual income support leve? The tables seem to show what money you can get whilst on income support, but not what the threshold is for being eligible to receive it. My husband and I earn about £1,700 a month after tax and NI, I'm sure that doesn't qualify us for any income support but can someone confirm? We have no children or dependants. Also he is already in the country on a work visa and living with me, if that makes any difference.
it is not about whether you are eligible for benefits (you wouldn't be on £1700 per month) - the income support level calculation is what use to see if you have sufficient income to meet the maintenance requirements. If you click on the links in my post above the calculation is there.

Earthling
Newly Registered

Post by Earthling » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Oh I see, if it's ONLY rent and council tax then we have £868 a month left after those are deducted, so we should be ok?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:40 pm

in theory yes but not if you spend more than you earn and have siginificant outgoings such as loan repayments, car HP etc.