ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Other options to spouse/fiancé visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZD

Other options to spouse/fiancé visa

Post by ZD » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:38 pm

Hi all.

I've just been informed by my solicitor that my decree absolute may take a little longer than expected; in fact 6 months longer. My plan was to get my wife to apply for a spouse visa once I received my decree absolute however the wait seems longer.

My question is whether my wife [lives in Pakistan and married through religious ceremony and is expecting our first child] to the UK on any other basis other than spouse or fiancé? . My immigration status is that I was born in the UK.

Sorry, I feel dejected after receiving the news this morning! Any advice is most appreciated. Should I just wait till I recieve my Decree absolute? Time is against me because of the baby.
Thanks

asad2k
Newly Registered

Post by asad2k » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:28 am

All the best bro. i am from india and sailing in the same boat. and i do not know if my indian islamic talaq is valid for visa purposes.

on 2nd thought, i guess islamic talaq with proper council notification in pakistan is valid for pakistan & bangladesh. so why should getting spouse visa be a problem?

refer to:
UKVISAS link

best wishes
ASAD