ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name change on OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smoothturbo

Name change on OCI

Post by smoothturbo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi All, I hold a British passport and has OCI status. I've recently changed my name using deed poll service, for me to get the name changed on my passport I will have to send the current passport with the application. My question is, HCI requires people who needs to change details on OCI to send the OCI visa (which is in the passport I am about to sent off) and certificate of registration along with the application. How am I meant to send the OCI visa page when my passport has to be sent off to passport office for the name change? am I suppose to rip off the visa page? photocopy it? obviously once I sent my old passport I guess I wont get it back. Has anyone been in this situation? I've tried contacting HCI but to no avail...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Ali

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Name change on OCI

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:03 pm

smoothturbo wrote:obviously once I sent my old passport I guess I wont get it back.
Why?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

smoothturbo

Re: Name change on OCI

Post by smoothturbo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:46 am

sushdmehta wrote:
smoothturbo wrote:obviously once I sent my old passport I guess I wont get it back.
Why?
because that passport contains the OCI visa page which I have to send to the HCI to get the name chaged on OCI.

please do enlighten me if I am making no sense..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:08 am

I asked why you think the (current) passport will not be returned to you when a new one is issued.

It will be, and then you can present both to HCI for a new OCI.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:42 pm

there we go..I thought I won't get my old passport back! Thanks for your help :)