ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has any1 here been rejected entry clearance???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rocio
Newly Registered

Has any1 here been rejected entry clearance???

Post by Rocio » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:28 pm

I only have $4,000 US dollars saved up which isn't much a merely 2,200 british pounds. I also have a car that needs to be sold once I receive entry clearance. I have a job offer in the UK and will be making less than my current position here in the US.

My question is if anyone here has been rejected entry clearance? If so why? Also how long does the entry clearance process take? I read on here 3-4 days but what's everyones experience with it?

Perhaps I need to save more $$ but my oal is just to get over there and start working. Any input helps thanks ya'll.

Rocio

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Has any1 here been rejected entry clearance???

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:48 pm

Rocio wrote:I only have $4,000 US dollars saved up which isn't much a merely 2,200 british pounds. I also have a car that needs to be sold once I receive entry clearance. I have a job offer in the UK and will be making less than my current position here in the US.

My question is if anyone here has been rejected entry clearance? If so why? Also how long does the entry clearance process take? I read on here 3-4 days but what's everyones experience with it?

Perhaps I need to save more $$ but my oal is just to get over there and start working. Any input helps thanks ya'll.

Rocio
Might seem an obvious question but do you have HSMP visa? Or if you have a job like you say do you have a Work Permit?

Steve

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:54 pm

You don't disclose your location and thus no one is able to answer your question about how long it takes to get EC. Simply, where are you?

Your funds are on the low side and without a firm job offer to take up I doubt you would get your EC. What you need to show is that you will not need to claim certain Public Funds. So OK, you have say £2000 cash available to you, a job to start as soon as you get to the UK, but what about accommodation? Where will you be staying initially when you get to the UK?

And how much will you be earning in the UK? How much salary?
John

windmill

Post by windmill » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:21 pm

Interesting. So If I don't have a job, what is the 'safe' amount I should be able to show to have lesser issues in EC.

Again, this is based on assumption that I have HSMP clearance but no job offer yet. I say this cos from what I've heard its tough to get a job offer without really being there. I am around in the same boat but I still have time so I can save probably another couple of thousand dollars to push to around 3000+ quids when I land there.

alisondc

Post by alisondc » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:40 pm

Don't know if this helps, but attached are the statistics for Entry Clearance for various consulates. I'm sending my EC application out tomorrow (non-settlement) through the NYC consulate in America and it appears that 94% of the applications are approved. Fingers crossed that i'm one of the 94%!

http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/GlobalStats2005,0.pdf

Rocio
Newly Registered

Post by Rocio » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:46 pm

John wrote:You don't disclose your location and thus no one is able to answer your question about how long it takes to get EC. Simply, where are you?

Your funds are on the low side and without a firm job offer to take up I doubt you would get your EC. What you need to show is that you will not need to claim certain Public Funds. So OK, you have say £2000 cash available to you, a job to start as soon as you get to the UK, but what about accommodation? Where will you be staying initially when you get to the UK?

And how much will you be earning in the UK? How much salary?
John thanks for your reply.

I have received HSMP approval and am from the US living in Houston TX at this time.

A family friend has offered me a job doing marketing and promotions which is what my current occupation entails making only 17K GBP. As this is a low salary I hope it will allow me to get settled in Aberdeen as I continue to look for a position within an Oil & Gas firm.

I have been in a long distance relationship for a little over two years. My boyfriend lives in Scotland and I have a letter stating he will be providing me accomadations. I hope this info helps with any additional input you may have.

Thanks,
Rocio

alisondc

Post by alisondc » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:56 pm

Obviously i'm not a consulate official, but i think you should be fine (just my opinion). Between having a job (at what is probably higher than the median household salary in the UK) on top of free accommodations and your $4k savings you will be good. You may have checked out my post a few minutes ago and only about 4% of non-settlement visa applications are denied in North America.

one bit of advice i've heard is that to show you will be living with your boyfriend you might want to get a letter from him stating that as well as a copy of his mortgage (indicating that he has authority to let you stay there). I too will be staying rent free with family friends and they gave me a letter and their mortgage statement to include in my application. I post it tomorrow morning so hopefully it will be successful (flight is already booked to move over Aug 17th)

Best wishes

Rocio
Newly Registered

Post by Rocio » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:00 pm

Good Luck Allison and thanks for your post. It’s a bit of a relief only 4% of North Americans have a failure rate of entry clearance. I hope we both get it and put this long draining process to rest. At least for a while! ;)

alisondc

Post by alisondc » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:07 pm

Thanks! I too am moving over on HSMP for my boyfriend and know how stressful the process can be. The 4% helped ease my mind as well. I too have about the same amount of money saved for EC

best wishes in your move!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:33 am

Alison you mention the global statistics. I think a more detailed read will show that for your category the rejection rate is just 1%!

The news about your accommodation is great. That is, if you needed to pay for your accommodation when you arrived you might struggle to get your EC on the amount of funds you have. Your bf needs to document the accommodation that is being provided and confirm you can stay there rent-free.
John

windmill

Post by windmill » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:25 pm

John

As you say it might be a bit risky with that kinda funds, can you please say what should be a safe limit for EC clearance? Will 5000 pounds be sufficient for a person with no job offers yet and will be renting a place say in Midlands Area (say Brum)?

alisondc

Post by alisondc » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:37 pm

Thanks John,

Actaully I'll be living with family friends (bit of an old fashioned girl I suppose) and they were extremely sweet to draft a letter and send me their mortgage statement.

Dropped off my application this morning at FedEx so hopefully it will be approved soon. (especially since i need my passport back for a holiday starting August 6th).

In addition to the savings I included my 401 savings information which brought me up to $20,000. Don't know if they would factor that in, but I figured include it and see what happens (checking wound up closer to $7k)