ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) dependant visa application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sajid08

Tier 1 (General) dependant visa application

Post by sajid08 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:12 pm

My wife will be applying for her Tier 1 (General) dependent visa at the end of this month from Pakistan, for maintenance funds today I got 3 months bank statement from HSBC here in London, I asked them to provide me it on Bank Stationary, she said OK, pages statement is printed on just has a colored logo of the bank, nothing else suggests it's some official paper, at the bottom there's URL of the bank also...which kinda suggests its from the internet which it's not, it doesn't have my address also and the format is pretty pathatic too.

Now the bank submits to my address each month a printed bank statement, which is much better formatted, has my address...looks much more like an official statement on bank stationary, only problem is it's of just one month, my question is, can I use three of those statements for proving my maintenance funds? I know the last one shouldn't be more than one month old....Has any one else done that before? Please let me know....Also Bank statement should be sufficient in proving the Maintenance funds...or do I need to submit some other document also?

Thanks in advance

ajf773

Re: Monthly Bank Statement for Maintenance Fund

Post by ajf773 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

sajid08 wrote:My wife will be applying for her Tier 1 (General) dependent visa at the end of this month from Pakistan, for maintenance funds today I got 3 months bank statement from HSBC here in London, I asked them to provide me it on Bank Stationary, she said OK, pages statement is printed on just has a colored logo of the bank, nothing else suggests it's some official paper, at the bottom there's URL of the bank also...which kinda suggests its from the internet which it's not, it doesn't have my address also and the format is pretty pathatic too.

Now the bank submits to my address each month a printed bank statement, which is much better formatted, has my address...looks much more like an official statement on bank stationary, only problem is it's of just one month, my question is, can I use three of those statements for proving my maintenance funds? I know the last one shouldn't be more than one month old....Has any one else done that before? Please let me know....Also Bank statement should be sufficient in proving the Maintenance funds...or do I need to submit some other document also?

Thanks in advance
You only need one form of evidence to prove you have satisfied the maintenance requirement. Bank statements is usually the way to go, if in doubt you can get the bank to verify them, they will usually stamp them with their official logo.

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:00 am

Or get the letter from bank stating you have maintaining the fund for 90 consecutive days.

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:43 am

Do not take any chance,
Apply for a complete set of last three or six months statement as of today 10-11-2011,
Since your wife is applying by end of this month, you have plenty of time to receive the most recent original bank statements from HSBC [Usually HSBC takes 7-10 working days to deliver],
[Optional]Once after receiving the original statements, take the statements to the bank and ask for a letter stating that The Account have maintained a minimum balance of £xxx for last three months,

Please note you should have your Full Name, Address, Bank A/C No. and Sort Code in your statement or in your Bank Letter

Do not take any chance by sending the copy statement given to you by the bank
If Not We, Then Who?