ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indian234

FLR

Post by indian234 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi,

I am going for ILR in march. But, my wife is not eligible yet as she didnt complete 2 years. If I apply in person, can I apply for her FLR at the same time aswell?

Any reply or suggestion is much appreciated.

regards,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:33 pm

I really don't think so. This is not like a joint application using the same form. Her eligibility to apply for FLR is contingent on your successful award of ILR. I'm not aware they will accept bundled applications at the PEO and work on one first and then, if approved, immediately use that to work on the other. You can, however, do this method by post; that's perfectly possible.

Perhaps there is nothing to stop you staggering the individual appointments for later the same say (or day later), but if your SET(O) is not issued immediately and is retained (a common problem) then her appointment will have to be forfeit.