ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 year Effected due Gap in Tier 1 extn paymnt rejected

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raghu1122
Newly Registered

ILR 10 year Effected due Gap in Tier 1 extn paymnt rejected

Post by Raghu1122 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Hello Experts

I entered on a student visa from September 2001, then went on to WP in Feb 2007, and then converted to Tier 1 in June 2008. My Visa was due to expire on 23/06/2011. I made a Tier 1 Extension Visa application on 14/06/2011. And received a confirmation that application has received on 16/06/2011. On the 04/07/2011, home office has returned my full application pack, with a Letter stating the Bank Rejected the Fee Payments of £1000. I have further Enquired with my Bank, but the Bank could not provide me with a definite answer to why the Payments has been rejected.

There are definitely more than adequate required funds in my Bank account. A Complete Copy of My bank statements till 05/07/2011 and I resubmitted the Application. Got the Extension 20 July 2011 till July t2013.
As I have completed 10 years of Lawful residence in UK, I want to apply for ILR 10 years. My question is because there is a gap of nearly 30 days during the tier 1 extn, will my application be considered or not. I have never made any Out of time applications ever apart from this which just happened.

Experts please advise if I apply for ILR do I need to provide any extra information to home office to consider it . So that the caseworkers should use discretion granting ILR,

Advise is much appreciated

Many Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:46 am

Since your in-time application was returned as invalid and the second application was an out-of-time application, you were an overstayer in the UK from 24-Jun until the date of issue of new leave.

In effect, continuous "lawful" stay was broken.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vinny

Re: ILR 10 year Effected due Gap in Tier 1 extn paymnt rejec

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:04 am

Raghu1122 wrote:I have further Enquired with my Bank, but the Bank could not provide me with a definite answer to why the Payments has been rejected.
If you can prove that it was the UKBA's fault in failing to collect payment, then you may have a stronger case.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.