ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Same-day Visa Application (In-person)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mielsnow
Newly Registered

Same-day Visa Application (In-person)

Post by Mielsnow » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi everyone,

My visa is set to expire end of Jan 2012, and I can't begin my app until after 23 Nov. I decided it's best to do same-day service because I'm also going home (outside the UK) for Dec holidays.

I know I'll receive my visa extension that same day, but I read that while they take your biometrics at the enquiry office, you don't receive that right away. UK BA doesn't really go into details about sending you biometrics -- can anyone help out with knowing how this happens, and what's been your experience after you've done same-day service and gotten your visa?

They have biometrics from my Tier 4 visa, but if I'm afraid that if I leave the UK without updating my biometrics then I won't be able to come back in.

If I have to send my biometrics back to the Border Agency, will I need to include my passport as well? Could I have them courier my biometrics to the country where I'll be on holiday?

:: Thanks so much! ::

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Same-day Visa Application (In-person)

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Mielsnow wrote:UK BA doesn't really go into details about sending you biometrics -- can anyone help out with knowing how this happens
All you need to know is explained in the document titled "Biometric residence permits - application process".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Mielsnow
Newly Registered

Re: Same-day Visa Application (In-person)

Post by Mielsnow » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:00 am

sushdmehta wrote:All you need to know is explained in the document titled "Biometric residence permits - application process".
I do it in person. They send it to me within 10 days. Voilà, it's over. So that's it, now I'm reading it correctly? If so, cheers.

(I've read it before, but it conflicts with what others have posted about their biometrics processing. So I have to ask because I want to verify.)

Newly Registered

Post by 183807 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:55 pm

Hi Guys,

At the PEO office, while evaluating the PSW application form, do they check with the candidate in case they have any confusion or doubts or if something is unclear? Are the authorities friendly? A friend of mine suggested me to carry a blank form with me so that I can make any kind of corrections, if required. My question is whether there is any scope during the process where the case worker points out any anomaly and changes can be made immediately?

Regards,

P.S: I have posted this question twice by mistake. I am unable to delete it at the following link. Could the admins kindly remove / delete it? Sorry for the confusion... http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=