ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

re-enter the UK when course is finished

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alexandrina
Newly Registered

re-enter the UK when course is finished

Post by alexandrina » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:31 am

Hello

I'm a non-EU national, on tier 4 student visa till Feb2012. I have just finished my MA in October 2011. Graduation is in February.

Now I'm waiting for the university to send me official document confirming the award.

I want to go home for a week and then come back and apply for PSW as soon as I can.

Is there any risk that I be refuse re-entry as I no longer need to be in the UK to study as the course is finished?

Many thanks
Alex

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:39 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

alexandrina
Newly Registered

Post by alexandrina » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:18 pm

vinny wrote:Risky.
ok, but can they check that I finished everything with the university?

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:16 pm

Yes they can check everything as they have telephone lines, mobile phones and internet/broadband available at Airport entry points and they know how to use it.

Plus, if you got your current visa in/after February-2010 through CAS, its just a matter of few clicks!

They will not let you enter = 95% chance

They will keep you detained at Airport, few hours or a day, then let you enter = 5% chance

bustednotch

Post by bustednotch » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:38 am

I am a Canadian. I didn't know about this and I entered Jan 2012 after my course finished in July 2011. I was detained 2 hours, fingerprinted and then refused entry. My student visa was cancelled and I was stranded in Brussels.

I am now in my home country applying for PSW with the help of a lawyer. Wish me luck! :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:30 am

Good luck!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.