ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal order - A/C payee only?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tony_franklin
Newly Registered

Postal order - A/C payee only?

Post by tony_franklin » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:40 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm applying for my Tier 4 PSW Visa and just got my postal orders from the post office today. 3 of them- 2x250, 1x94. All three POs are crossed with 2 parallel lines across them. Now, the policy guidance states PO crossed A/C payee only. My question is: Do I have to 'write' "A/C Payee only" between the lines, or is it fine just as it is?

I do have one more query although its not relevant to the topic. I haven't obtained my Original certificate from the University yet, so I did obtain a letter from the University regarding my qualification and confirming all details. Is it sufficient if I send in that letter only, or do I include my result letter (which is the first letter I received from the University regarding my results; as in, the first letter I was notified of my qualification).

Help would be highly appreciated.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:47 pm

Postal order sounds fine as it is.

if you don't have your degree certificate you need to provide a letter from your university which confirms the details of your studies etc and explaining when you will get your certiifcate, as set out in the policy guidance. the results letter is not sufficient.

tony_franklin
Newly Registered

Post by tony_franklin » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:40 am

Thanks for the reply.

Well, I did obtain a letter from the institution which gives in all details stated in the policy guidance as well as the date first notified. My question was, do I need to give the letter in which I was first notified as well?

One more query though (And I swear this is the last one! :D ). One of my friend is applying as well. She has entered the UK on a visiting visa once on her previous/ cancelled passport. All her Student visa/ immigration is on her current passport. Now- Does she have to include the previous/ cancelled passport as well because she has used it once to enter the UK?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:52 am

tony_franklin wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Well, I did obtain a letter from the institution which gives in all details stated in the policy guidance as well as the date first notified. My question was, do I need to give the letter in which I was first notified as well?

?
No. It will just confuse them - your initial letter serves no purpose for this application and is not required.