ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply Early with KOL REQ. endorsement?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

triciagail
BANNED

Apply Early with KOL REQ. endorsement?

Post by triciagail » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:22 pm

Is the KOL req. endorsement still enforced? Does it still entitle me to apply before the usual 28 day before expiration? Can I apply now as I am planning to?

I have been in the UK since June 2010. My spouse visa which was issued April 6 2010 has the (KOL req) endorsement on it (as my British husband and I have been married over 4 years and living outside of the UK).

I have passed the life in the UK test and want to apply for permanent residence now. I have reviewed the SET(M) and think I know all the documents I need to supply.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:51 pm

You can apply whenever you're ready.

triciagail
BANNED

Post by triciagail » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks so much for your answer, just wanted to be sure.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Highlight the appropriate immigration rules for the caseworker in a covering letter.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:59 am

Thanks Vinny, I plan to apply in person, I did not know that I had to do a cover letter. I will definitely do that.