ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa refused under 320(11)..Update Visa issued!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cat_reversing
Newly Registered

spouse visa refused under 320(11)..Update Visa issued!

Post by cat_reversing » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:14 pm

My husband came to the uk in 1992 but was refused entry on arrival . He then absconded. He lived in the uk until 2010 when he went back to his country as his mother was in the last stages of cancer. We were honest about everything in the app, even that he did some cash in hand work, he was here 18 years, he didn't try to rectify his immigration status while he was here.
We met in 1993 and been in a relationship since then, we got married when he went back to his country last year. Apart from photos and family testimonials we have no other proof of our relationship before he went back.
His app was refused under 320(11) frustration of the rules and aggrevating circumstances- he absconded and worked.
What can we do now? we have already been apart for 18 months as he had to deal with his mother's estate, i have been there and spent 4 months in total and i don't want to live like this anymore. I need him home. please help, what can we do?
Last edited by cat_reversing on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

cat_reversing
Newly Registered

Post by cat_reversing » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:37 pm

[quote="sushdmehta"]See also RFL07 - Frustrating the intentions of the Immigration Rules – paragraph 320(11).

IMHO, seek professional legal advice.[/quote

Thank you for your reply.
We did seek professional advice,have appealed and are currently waiting for the embassy to get back to my solicitor, they have until april to get back to us but hopefully we'll know before then.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:45 pm

What exactly did your husband apply for? A UK spouse visa?

cat_reversing
Newly Registered

Post by cat_reversing » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:12 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:What exactly did your husband apply for? A UK spouse visa?
Yes UK settlement visa.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:18 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

cat_reversing
Newly Registered

Post by cat_reversing » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:39 am

Update: we appealed with the help of a very good uk solicitor. The post where my husband applied withdrew their original decision (the refusal) and granted the visa. He received his visa and returned to the uk yesterday much to the joy of my family and I. It's been a difficult and stressful time, I'm glad to have had the advice from people on this forum- thank you for your time, and now we can get on with our lives in the UK.

Camille1
Newly Registered

Post by Camille1 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:34 am

Hi cat_reversing, congratulations on your success. please check your inbox for a message I've sent. Thank you.

shafayet
Newly Registered

para 320(11)

Post by shafayet » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:36 pm

cat_reversing wrote:Update: we appealed with the help of a very good uk solicitor. The post where my husband applied withdrew their original decision (the refusal) and granted the visa. He received his visa and returned to the uk yesterday much to the joy of my family and I. It's been a difficult and stressful time, I'm glad to have had the advice from people on this forum- thank you for your time, and now we can get on with our lives in the UK.
i have messaged you,please take a look and reply. thank you very much