ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

best or easiest english language test to take

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mattyg211183
Newly Registered

best or easiest english language test to take

Post by mattyg211183 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:17 pm

My wife is chinese and we are in the process of applying for the spouse visa but have been told she needs to take a english test first we were both wondering which of the approved english test from the ukba is best or easiest to take and the requirements and test scores for the test, At the moment she is getting ready to take IELTS test but she is worried she wont pass even with reassurance and we are looking for back ups she speaks better english than i do and i am english would the test for spouse visa include talking listening reading and writing we have heard all sorts of things because ive seen one that says its just for speaking and listening i called up the test centre and was told that it includes reading and writing too so we are getting conflicting info from the people that run the tests too any help would be great thanks in advance

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:30 pm

IELTS is aimed at a far higher level than A1 which is the requirement for hte spouse visa. They do test reading and writing but it is only the speaking and listening scores which are relevent for the visa application.

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:10 pm

I would go for TOEIC A1 English Test mate, supposed to be one of the easier ones.

More info here,
http://www.ets.org/epn_directory

faz28

Post by faz28 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:33 pm

AcrossBorders wrote:I would go for TOEIC A1 English Test mate, supposed to be one of the easier ones.

More info here,
http://www.ets.org/epn_directory

how long does it take results to come back?