ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling for the first time with ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Baje

Travelling for the first time with ILR

Post by Baje » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:29 pm

I'm travelling for the first time with ILR in 3 weeks. I'm taking both my passports and a copy of my letter from UKBA with me (and will send scanned copies to myself). Is there anything else I need to take or be aware of when I leave and re-enter the country?? Any questions asked by customs etc?

Thanks for your help.

imran22
Member of Standing

Re: Travelling for the first time with ILR

Post by imran22 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:41 pm

Baje wrote:I'm travelling for the first time with ILR in 3 weeks. I'm taking both my passports and a copy of my letter from UKBA with me (and will send scanned copies to myself). Is there anything else I need to take or be aware of when I leave and re-enter the country?? Any questions asked by customs etc?

Thanks for your help.

Why do you think you need anything else other than your passport? Once you got the visa you no longer need to keep the supporting documents with you while you are travelling.

Imagine the officer asking for cohabitation documents on border control counter :-D or 12 months pay slips.

Baje

Post by Baje » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:13 pm

Thanks Imran :) I seemed to recall a post from someone saying something about having to be careful about your answers to the customs officer when they ask about your status. I may have imagined that though, applying for ILR was a stressful time!!