ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) extension - Director of limited company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sssabc

Tier 1 (General) extension - Director of limited company

Post by sssabc » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:54 pm

HI All,

Can any one let me know do I am in safe end ?

I have my own limited company as a Director of the company and I take minimum salary and dividents i.e., 30,000 and 7200 (salary).. And I am paying around 10,000 corporate tax.. I am not paying any Tax/NI as a employee of my own company as I am taking minimum wages...

I am wondering am I eligbile to claim points on salary if so how much I can claim? Please suggest.

Thanks
sssabc

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:38 pm

You can claim points on previous earnings for both your dividend and your salary. The amounts that can be claimed are found here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/

or check your own status here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:32 pm

sssabc wrote:HI All,

3 years back I applied for HSMP and got HSMP approval letter.. Based on that I got Tier1 Visa for three years.. Wondering how much i need to pay fee to extend my visa?

Is it 1300 or 750? Please let meknow.

Thanks
sssabc
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:33 pm

The fee that a Tier 1 (General) migrant applying for extension is required to pay. You HSMP approval letter ha no relevance.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:59 am

Hi,

I am kind of in the same situation as far as the fee is concerned. I applied for HSMP approval letter in May 2008 and got my Approval Letter in September 2008. I applied for Tier 1 Visa under transitional arrangements in February and I was granted the Visa from 1st April 2009 till 1st April 2012. After reading the website, I also feel that I am eligible for the reduced rate as it says in that section that "Applicants and their dependants can pay the following reduced fees if they submit a valid Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) letter with their application". the link to this page is below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... eral/cost/

Now I clearly have a valid HSMP approval letter based on which I was granted an initial Tier 1 visa.

@sushdmehta why do you differ on this and based on what rule? Just asking to clarify things for myself as well as this makes a huge difference in fee. If I am right, I would pay £1250 (postal application with 3 dependants) but if you are right, the fee doubles exactly to £2500 so it is quite important for me to understand this correctly. Is it a good idea to ask this question to Home Office?
Regards,
KM