ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Registration Certificate Update and Extension Report

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johnpeter1984
Newly Registered

Police Registration Certificate Update and Extension Report

Post by johnpeter1984 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:00 am

Dear All,

I hope you are fine and keeping well.
I am a Turkish National had a entry clearance in 2008 for my final year study in university. as per UK Border agency requirement for Turkish national, I needed to report myself to Police and get police registration certificate. I applied and got my Police registration certificate in 2008. I did not know that this was an important document as i failed to read it. In 2010, I applied for tier 1 (Post study Work) and got my PSW in early 2010. Now I am switching to Tier 2 as everything is ready (Cos, Salary and so forth), All I needed to do was to pay the postal order and send my application. While I am cross checking the documents, I noticed that my Tier 1 (PSW) visa states: Report extension to police. I decided to call police station and they directed my to West midlands main police centre. As i wen for registration, officer noted that I did not report my house changes to Police since 2010. And I did not also report my visa extension to Police. She put red notes to my Police registration certificate and gave me a letter stating that: I failed to comply with landing regulations. In letter it says that my further leave to remain application may be refused on this basis.

My question is:
Has anyone been refused on this ground. The officer in Police registration office told me still to make my Tier 2 application although there is a "MAY BE" situation.
Actually, when I got my PSW, I did report my 2 address changes in PSW application form and it was not in police registration certificate. My application was not refused at that time.
my another worry is this kind of refusals are very tricky since you do not have room to manoeuvre since it may be refused on the same ground,if I make fresh application in case i am refused.
I have a lot of qualification from England and would it mean to me that I can not re-enter UK if that would be the case.
I am going to make my application tomorrow anyway. Should anyone be able to comment on this, it would be much appreciated.
John