ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance letter - bank not playing ball

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Maintenance letter - bank not playing ball

Post by seasky » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:56 am

My personal account is in UBS Switzerland (where I went to grad school)

All my banking is done online, works very well. They say they cannot help me and just printing out bank statements from the internet I understand is not enough.

Ideas please?

(applying tier 1 entrepreneur)

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:53 am

To start with, get it in writing on a bank letterhead that they are not willing to help you. Do they not post you any bank statements whatsoever?

Alternatively, transfer the money to an account in the UK where you get statements.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:57 am

mulderpf wrote:To start with, get it in writing on a bank letterhead that they are not willing to help you. Do they not post you any bank statements whatsoever?

Alternatively, transfer the money to an account in the UK where you get statements.
I can fully print, in bank letterhead and color bank statements from the internet, I was under understanding that that is not enough, a stamped/signed letter is needed?

Getting the bank to sign that they are not willing is a novel idea

Transferring to a UK bank would mean I need to wait 90 days again, big problem for me. Also wouldn't UKBA ask why I have a UK account when I am not yet allowed to work in the UK?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:24 pm

No, you will not be printing on the bank's letterhead? The bank needs to do that. It is not enough to just print out the statements, but you can use posted statements without having them stamped / signed. As long as they are the original statements.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:01 pm

mulderpf wrote:No, you will not be printing on the bank's letterhead? The bank needs to do that. It is not enough to just print out the statements, but you can use posted statements without having them stamped / signed. As long as they are the original statements.
Account is in Switzerland and in USD, do I need something to show it is transferable to UK?