ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Celebrate
Newly Registered

Self Employed

Post by Celebrate » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:15 am

Hi,

I am new on this forum and would wish to know if there are self employeds like me who have applied for the HSMP.

Thank you

Mary

oneway

Post by oneway » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:44 pm

Mary,

I applied seeking points for being both self employed and an employee. My credit card was charged on the 20th of July. I have not received a reference number yet.

Celebrate
Newly Registered

Post by Celebrate » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:37 am

Hi,

Lets see if any other self employed has applied and the challenges
Best of Luck

purplepundit
Newly Registered

Post by purplepundit » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:59 pm

I am also a self employed IT professional but I am confused on whats the best way to show income, as I am about to file my returns.. my tax return must show my net income above 7.5k pounds or if my Gross is above 7.5k pounds will that be sufficient? please suggest, I will take the opportunity if I can save money by showing expenses in my Taxes but my net income will go down the minimum for HSMP.

I have invoices and payments received from my clients which is above 7.5k pounds annually that also reflects in my bank statements. I also have a few foreign clients and my statements show Euro and Dollars as earnings. What did you all show in your tax returns? I mean, net income or gross income should be above 7.5k pounds? appreciate your help... thank you!

neoseal
Member of Standing

Self Employed want to apply HSMP

Post by neoseal » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:35 pm

I was self employed, but now in UK for past 3 years. I want to apply for HSMP. Any help in preparing documentation and filing would be appreciated.

Cheers