ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application - could not process at PEO, asked to post

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrproblem

ILR application - could not process at PEO, asked to post

Post by mrproblem » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:13 am

Dear Friends,

I am in funny situation. I dont know why it happens to me always.

I booked an appointment at Solihul PEO for ILR. Mine was straight forward case. I had all these docs when I visited them
Pre Nov 2006 HSMP for 5 years.
no life in UK
no convictions
2 jobs with 60 payslips, 5 p60's
2 years bank statements
120 days out of country nothing more than 35 days each visit

Case worked called me and went through my application, she asked me for latest P60, lastest 3 payslips, 2 cohabitation proofs etc.

Everything was fine. She said that everything is fine and asked me to wait while she was trying to enter some data on to the system.

She went inside and came back and said that, we cannot process your application here as your home office file is showing open status and you have to post the application.

I asked her what does that open status means and she said that, someone some where opened your file and did not close it, this might be a technical problem or clerical error, but I cannot close that from here and I cannot access until they close. So only option is to send it by post and they will send a request to relevant department to close the file or to see why they opened etc. She also mentioned that there is nothing wrong with your application, everything is fine, but I am not able to access your file.

I was shocked to hear this. All my plans got shattered. Recently we had baby and I didn't include her in the application because I was planning to apply for MN1 and then apply for British passport. Also now I have got some travel plans end of December for some holy traditional reasons for the baby.

I posted my application and I am still waiting, its approximately been a month.

I am getting really fed up with this visa. I am little desperate because my parents back home want to see my littleone and also my grandfather is not feeling well.

1.Did anyone come across this situation ('open file') before.
2. why does this show like that
3. does any one how long it takes
4. any other approach to speed up the process.

Thank you

baldude

Post by baldude » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:08 am

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... f29b33b47a

ditto same problem with my friend (refer to the link above)
lot of similarities
he was also pre nov 2006 HSMP, recent new born, plans to visit home country etc., he was also at Solihull though...
my friend applied through post the next day and its been 5 weeks since then and still waiting.

sorry to bring the unhelpful info for you, no option but to apply through postal now.

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:04 pm

baldude wrote:http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... f29b33b47a

ditto same problem with my friend (refer to the link above)
lot of similarities
he was also pre nov 2006 HSMP, recent new born, plans to visit home country etc., he was also at Solihull though...
my friend applied through post the next day and its been 5 weeks since then and still waiting.

sorry to bring the unhelpful info for you, no option but to apply through postal now.
Thank you my friend. After going through the thread looks like there is no option but just waiting...

any more advices please...also any one who had this issue before

farah

Post by farah » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:15 pm

"mrproblem" has reported the problem at PEO after a month.
Now he would have wait for 10-16 weeks as it is postal application or he can send a notice for JR on that problem of his file being open and PEO processing was not possible.

Merely on pre action notice of JR your postal application may be processed at once as UKBA was clearly at fault.
Last edited by farah on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:19 pm

farah wrote:"noproblem" has reported the problem at PEO after a month.
Now wait for 10-16 weeks or send a notice for JR on that problem.
Merely on notice your postal application may be processed at once.
Hi farah,

Thank you for your info. Sorry I didnt understand what you said. Can you explain me in detail. You mean to say that I have to wait for 10-16 weeks?

Thank you

farah

Post by farah » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:04 pm

I have edited my post to make it more clear.
Yes you would have to wait 10 -16 weeks from date of sending postal application. You would not be compensated by out of turn processing -due to PEO episode - unless you agitate strongly.

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:18 pm

Dear friends,

anyone in same boat. anyone had this situation before?

please drop me some thoughts

thank you