ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS accesibility and other option for elderly visitors

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

king_kong

NHS accesibility and other option for elderly visitors

Post by king_kong » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Dear All,

I relatives, visiting me in the UK.
THey are elderly.
Can I use the services of NHS if they come to the UK on a visitor visa? God forbid such a situation does not arise.
What other options (like private health insurance) are available?
Can someone please advice?

I am in the UK on ILR.

Thanks and regards.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:52 pm

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:53 pm

Your relatives would only be entitled to emergency treatment. Any continuing treatment or non-emergency medical problems would not be covered.
It's essential that Ideally they should have taken out private medical before they travel to the UK. It's essential that you find a reputable insurance company who will give them medical cover for the duration of their stay.
The Government are tightening up on reclaiming unpaid NHS fees and any that remain unsettled will result in future visitor visas being granted until the debt is paid.

king_kong

Thanks.

Post by king_kong » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks for your replies.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:29 pm

You need to get a private medical insurance for them. I used Bupa for my parents in law last summer.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:01 pm

linkers wrote:You need to get a private medical insurance for them. I used Bupa for my parents in law last summer.
what is the point of replying to this post when the last post was 2 months ago and the OP's question was already answered? Is it to increase your number of posts as quickly as possible so that you can boost your membership rating?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:24 pm

I didnt realise it was 2 months old.