ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what happens if card company declines payment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi

We submitted our naturalisation application on 31st October through NCS in west london. It was delivered to UKBA on 3rd nov as per the royal mail trakcing no given by the NCS.

However no payment has yet been taken from my card and was a bit concerned. I did see someone's timeline on the sticky post where it took almost 4 weeks to take payment so i am hoping its nothing else but the delay at UKBA.!

I have told my credit card company to "expect" a big transaction. In the event that the credit card company declines payment due to security, what happens? does the UKBA contact me to ask for alternative way to pay or is there a chance that our application be sent back?

Thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:40 pm

if ukba cant get the application fees, then your app will be refused and returned back.

call your credit card company and ask them if 'home office' tried to withdraw x amount in last few weeks?

if ukba's request for app fees was refused by your credit card company, then at least credit card company will have a record of it on their system!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: what happens if card company declines payment

Post by Greenie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:43 pm

xyz123 wrote:Hi

We submitted our naturalisation application on 31st October through NCS in west london. It was delivered to UKBA on 3rd nov as per the royal mail trakcing no given by the NCS.

However no payment has yet been taken from my card and was a bit concerned. I did see someone's timeline on the sticky post where it took almost 4 weeks to take payment so i am hoping its nothing else but the delay at UKBA.!

I have told my credit card company to "expect" a big transaction. In the event that the credit card company declines payment due to security, what happens? does the UKBA contact me to ask for alternative way to pay or is there a chance that our application be sent back?

Thanks
in my experience they would write to you to say that the payment has been declined and tell you to resubmit the payment within 14 days- you can then call them up and make the payment over the phone.

It is possible that they don't do this in all cases however.

days
Newly Registered

Post by days » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:26 am

Hello,
I have a same worry, I submitted my application on 2nd November by NCS and no confirmation, no debited amount on my card. When I checked with the bank, they told me they can not see the transaction if incorrect data were given.

Does anybody know what is the UKBA answer time if the application is invalid due to card issue?

Because this wating kills me I consider to resubmit a new application without having a response to my old one noting that the previous application is withdrawn. Do you think it is feasable?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: what happens if card company declines payment

Post by Greenie » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:08 am

days wrote:Hello,
I have a same worry, I submitted my application on 2nd November by NCS and no confirmation, no debited amount on my card. When I checked with the bank, they told me they can not see the transaction if incorrect data were given.

Does anybody know what is the UKBA answer time if the application is invalid due to card issue?

Because this wating kills me I consider to resubmit a new application without having a response to my old one noting that the previous application is withdrawn. Do you think it is feasable?
I think you need to be patient. If there is a problem they will write to you. Sending off another application without any of your documents is not going to speed things up.

Have you asked NCS about this problem and do you now when exactly they submitted your application to UKBA?

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:08 am

update:
payment was taken out of credit card yesterday morning, 19 days after application reached UKBA!.

I contacted NCS and they said it is normal to take upto 5 weeks. They said if nothing after 5 weeks, contact UKBA directly. It seems they just want to take our money for photocopying the documents and sending to UKBA and then do nothing!

manda_alba
Newly Registered

If card company declines payment

Post by manda_alba » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi there

It's likely my card payment has been declined but a few things I've learned:

- my visa migration agents suggest there's no one to call and remedy this; currently UKBA outsource payment to a German company. I'd be interested whether the 015 number quoted works, it's a struggle to find any numbers, even 0870 numbers on their web site these days!
- rather than chase people for payments that are declined, they respond to the case worker who then returns your documents with a note that the payment has been declined.
- however, whose fault (bank/you/UKBA) is never clear and you can resubmit your application, noting in a cover letter than you had submitted the original application within your valid leave to remain (if you are now outside your legal stay) and in all cases the uKBA has processed the application and granted the leave in the experience of this visa company.
- my bank (HSBC) originally confirmed no-one had tried to charge the amount to my card BUT in a call to another part of the bank - Card Services, the operator confirmed that they only keep 7 days worth of transaction history with regards to declines on their system and prior to this there is no way of knowing. This seems awfully short but beware of who you speak to.

I'll update with the outcome - seems a long winded processes if the card is declined but certainly doesn't mean you'll be deported !