ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Address on my printed Bank Statement.

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kevin4mkent
Newly Registered

No Address on my printed Bank Statement.

Post by Kevin4mkent » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi,

iam planning to start maintaining my funds for psw from next week , my visa expires on 1st march 2012 , i can not apply before 1st march 2012, if i wait to get a bank statement for 90 days , which is why i asked my bank ( HSBC Bank ) , if they will print the statement and give me same day , they said they can give it on HSBC Bank Letter Head , but it wont have my postal address on they wont put bank stamp.

Please suggest me, is it alright if i apply psw , with a printed statement on bank letter head without my address and stamp on...

need help , thank u.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:34 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Kevin4mkent
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin4mkent » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:08 am

Thank you very much vinny ...

vinny , i have accounts with only one bank ( hsbc ) , i hold current account where my salary and my direct debts come into and i have savings account where i can save money ( i never used that account since one year ) but still is active . CAN I PUT 800 POUNDS IN MY SAVINGS ACCOUNT INSTEAD OF CURRENT ACCOUNT, SO THAT I DONT NEED TO WORRY IF MY BALANCE WILL GO BELOW 800 DUE TO DIRECT DEBTS OR ANY OTHER TRANSACTIONS.

WILL UKBA ACCEPT SAVINGS ACCOUNT STATEMENT...

Thank you

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:16 am

have you read the link posted by vinny above?

Kevin4mkent
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin4mkent » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi Greenie,

yeah ive read but there is nothing regarding the kind of account we can use, so please suggest me, is SAVINGS ACCOUNT ALRIGHT TO MAINTAIN THE FUNDS...

Thank You

amk_05
Newly Registered

Post by amk_05 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:30 pm

You can use your saving account, I had HSBC saving account myself and got my visa. Hope this helps, and good luck with your application.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:47 pm

Kevin4mkent wrote:Hi Greenie,

yeah ive read but there is nothing regarding the kind of account we can use, so please suggest me, is SAVINGS ACCOUNT ALRIGHT TO MAINTAIN THE FUNDS...

Thank You
It says personal bank or building society statements. Does it say 'no savings accounts' or 'current accounts only'?

Kevin4mkent
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin4mkent » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Thank you amk .

@ greeny , please understand that sometimes, it difficult to interpret the statements, as i was not sure i put a request to you guys to suggest and all i need is ... can i go ahead with my savings account or better with current account.. yes or no... thats it.
anyway thanks

Kevin4mkent
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin4mkent » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:37 pm

HI ALL ,

FUNDS SHOULD BE IN THE ACCOUNT FOR 3MONTHS MEANS, IS IT 90 DAYS. STARTING FROM THE DAY I DEPOSIT OR IS IT 3 CALENDER MONTHS , ( BCOZ THERE ARE 31DAYS IN DEC AND JAN , WHICH IS WORRYING ME MY VISA EXPIRES END OF FEB ) ..

THANK YOU

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:38 pm

A savings bank account is perfectly fine to use. It's always advisable to keep your money in a separate account from the one where you make plenty withdrawals from (such as your current account).

Take the time period as 90 consecutive days. Not sure how the UKBA measure their month days, but I think it is 30 days per month. So look at your calendar, and count 90 days from when you deposited the money till the day you print out the statement.

sivapathi
Newly Registered

Post by sivapathi » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:54 pm

wazobia wrote:A savings bank account is perfectly fine to use. It's always advisable to keep your money in a separate account from the one where you make plenty withdrawals from (such as your current account).

Take the time period as 90 consecutive days. Not sure how the UKBA measure their month days, but I think it is 30 days per month. So look at your calendar, and count 90 days from when you deposited the money till the day you print out the statement.
Hi Wazobia , thanks for the post , it is valuble..

weikianng

Post by weikianng » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:45 am

wazobia wrote:A savings bank account is perfectly fine to use. It's always advisable to keep your money in a separate account from the one where you make plenty withdrawals from (such as your current account).

Technically, 3 months = 13 weeks. So I would suggest that if we are not sure how they measure 3 months, it would be safer to leave your funds in the account for 92 days.