ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS result and its validity

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dewales001

IELTS result and its validity

Post by dewales001 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Hi,

I recently got ILR and my wife need to change her Tier 1 (PSW)Dependant Visa to FLR(M) as soon as possible.
Recently she sat for an English test-IELTS as required for all Spouses applying for FLR(M) visa. The Test Report Form came through today and her results are:

Speaking->6.5
Listening->5.5

My question are;
1. Is the results above the required level at A1 of the Common European Framework of Referance (CEFR)?.
2. Can she make a valid application with the above results?

I'm a bit worried about the Listening result.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: IELTS result and its validity

Post by Greenie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:59 pm

dewales001 wrote:Hi,

I recently got ILR and my wife need to change her Tier 1 (PSW)Dependant Visa to FLR(M) as soon as possible.
Recently she sat for an English test-IELTS as required for all Spouses applying for FLR(M) visa. The Test Report Form came through today and her results are:

Speaking->6.5
Listening->5.5

My question are;
1. Is the results above the required level at A1 of the Common European Framework of Referance (CEFR)?.

1. Yes
2. Valid refers to the application meeting certain mandatory requirements, such as the correct form, fee, photos etc however as already stated the scored as sufficient.

She only needs 4.0 (which is in fact B1, which is higher than A1.)

5.5 is what is required to study at degree level in the UK - her scores are more than good enough for the A1 requirement - which you would hope would be the case if she has studied at degree level in the UK to get PSW.

See See page 8

dewales001

Re: IELTS result and its validity

Post by dewales001 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:00 am

Greenie wrote:
dewales001 wrote:Hi,

Speaking->6.5
Listening->5.5

My question are;

1. Yes
2. Valid refers to the application meeting certain mandatory requirements, such as the correct form, fee, photos etc however as already stated the scored as sufficient.

She only needs 4.0 (which is in fact B1, which is higher than A1.)

5.5 is what is required to study at degree level in the UK - her scores are more than good enough for the A1 requirement - which you would hope would be the case if she has studied at degree level in the UK to get PSW.

See See page 8
Greenie,

Thank you for the reply.