ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1extension

citizenship

Post by tier1extension » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:25 pm

to get citizenship on the basis of 12 months ILR and 5 yrs (combination of tier 1 general and work permit):

1. Do I really need to have two referees?
2. Do I need to keep my Life in UK test and submit it again even though it was already used for my ILR application?
3. What documents do I need to submit apart from passport?
Last edited by tier1extension on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:28 pm

1. Yes.
2. Was it not retained when you applied for settlement?
3. How do I apply for naturalisation as a British citizen?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier1extension

thanks

Post by tier1extension » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:32 pm

thanks

the life in the uk original test certificate was returned to me. so do i need to keep it and submit it again for citizenship application?

If I need to be physically present in the UK in the 5 yrs before the application for citizenship is received by the Home Office, does that mean the first year of the 5 yrs when I applied for ILR is ignored?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:35 pm

1. If the original LITUK test certificate was returned to you (strange - for me at least), then my suggestion would be to include it with your naturalisation application.
2. Yes - because the residential requirement for naturalisation is also 5 years, not 6.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier1extension

thanks

Post by tier1extension » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:38 pm

thanks very much for all your help! really appreciated :)

tier1extension

payslips

Post by tier1extension » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:44 pm

for citizenship application after 12 months of obtaining my ILR, i do not need to keep any of my payslips, bank statements, P60s right because none of them are required for citizenship application? there is no minimum maintenance amount bank balance required right?

ex-immigrant
Newly Registered

Re: payslips

Post by ex-immigrant » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:58 pm

tier1extension wrote:for citizenship application after 12 months of obtaining my ILR, i do not need to keep any of my payslips, bank statements, P60s right because none of them are required for citizenship application? there is no minimum maintenance amount bank balance required right?
No, you dont need Payslips, bank statement ,P60, no minimum bank bal required.

tier1extension

biometric

Post by tier1extension » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:01 pm

thanks for the reply. after I got my ILR, they retained my biometric permit. there is no biometric card for ILR right? all i got is the stamp in my passport :)

jonnyb
Newly Registered

Post by jonnyb » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:15 am

sushdmehta wrote:1. If the original LITUK test certificate was returned to you (strange - for me at least)
For what it's worth, I got my LITUK certificate back from my ILR application too.

tier1extension, for my citizenship application I went for the belt-and-braces approach – I ticked the box that said I'd already passed the test for settlement, but then also quoted the test number and included the certificate. I doubt I needed to go that far, but I figured it couldn't hurt.