ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British national just applied for my Trinidadian spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nicho25
Newly Registered

British national just applied for my Trinidadian spouse

Post by nicho25 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi all,
I just, after a year of tryin to settle down in uk, finally gathered everything needed to file for my wife, who is from Trinidad and Tobago.

Just wondering if anyone else has filed for their spouse from Trinidad or Jamaica or anywhere else, and how long did the process take. UK border agency for Kingston claims it takes up to 12 weeks to process 100% of applications, but with the holidays approaching we're getting more and more nervous about the results.
Plus we have a newborn baby, he is now 6 months and I havent seen him since his delivery. He just obtained his british passport so he good to travel but only waiting on my spouse to get her visa. Any advice on how long it has taken anyone, if so what did you do to kill the nerves. First it was the nerves of filling and now that we have filled its even more nerve wrecking waiting.

My wife came twice on a visitors visa to uk in the allocated time i took to settle down and returned both times before her visa was over. Plus I travelled back and forth with her and plus was their for the delivery of my son.

So just need to ask if anyone has been or knows anyone who's been through the embassy in Jamaica/Trinidad for spouse visa and how long the application process took them???

Thanks much.
Last edited by nicho25 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:48 pm

Standard wait from what i have seen of friends is 9-10 weeks from Kingston.

nicho25
Newly Registered

Post by nicho25 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:24 am

Thanks for ur reply. That's a bit longer than I was expecting to hear but its good to know from people who's been thru it.

-Nick

caylalove
Newly Registered

Post by caylalove » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:06 am

Hey nick . Good luck with the application. Have you got a reply yet?

CharlieBrowne
Newly Registered

Post by CharlieBrowne » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:27 pm

Good Luck!! Please keep us updated nick :D

toogrown4dat

Post by toogrown4dat » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:50 am

hi nick somebodys app took 17 days from jamaica i havent done mine yet im doing in feb when im actually over there