ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS received, now what??

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maverick.topgun1984
Newly Registered

COS received, now what??

Post by maverick.topgun1984 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi Gurus,

I will be applying for a Tier 2 general visa in the coming month. As a start I have received the COS from my sponsor. Can someone guide me with the next steps in the application process.

To give some background info, I will be applying from Mumbai, India.

I read on the UKBA website that all Tier 2 applications from India are to be made using the online application system. My question is, do we also have to fill out the VAF9 forms seperately after the online application and submit it in the VFS centres. (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... outsideuk/).

Can someone please elaborate on the steps after receiving the COS?

Thanks in advance

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:46 am

If you fill in an online visa application form you must also print that as a paper copy. That would mean you don't need to fill out a VAF9 because the paper version of the online form replaces the VAF9.

If you want to do the form by hand (for instance because you don't have good net access or the consulate demands a form completed in ink) then you complete the VAF9.

maverick.topgun1984
Newly Registered

Post by maverick.topgun1984 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:46 am

Thanks.

Also, once the visa is stamped, what is the maximum duration till which I can enter the country. I am serving my notice period in India and hence wanted to know the same.