ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

resh123
BANNED

OCI

Post by resh123 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:39 pm

I have applied for my OCI on8th Nov 2011.My online application status says : Passport has been dispatched from Delhi office yesterday 21st Nov
When i check my status now it reads "Documents dispatched from UK and awaiting for arrival at HCI,London office"
But there is a message flashing on my laptop screem stating : "Congragulations,your OCI card is ready and can be picked up from the office"
Please can you clarify if OCI card is ready to be picked up from the HCI london office

Seedy
Newly Registered

Re: OCI

Post by Seedy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:58 am

resh123 wrote:I have applied for my OCI on8th Nov 2011.My online application status says : Passport has been dispatched from Delhi office yesterday 21st Nov
When i check my status now it reads "Documents dispatched from UK and awaiting for arrival at HCI,London office"
But there is a message flashing on my laptop screem stating : "Congragulations,your OCI card is ready and can be picked up from the office"
Please can you clarify if OCI card is ready to be picked up from the HCI london office
What the congratulation message states is that your card is ready and you can collect AFTER it has been received at the Mission/Office, which in your case it has not been received by London yet.

Mookambika
Newly Registered

Post by Mookambika » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi i'm going to apply for OCI in person at HCI London. Do i've to enclose the photo copy of the cancelled Indian passport or Just copy of the Surrenderance Certificate. Some Counsulate website says both. Could anyone please confirm the enclosures

Seedy
Newly Registered

Post by Seedy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:17 pm

Mookambika wrote:Hi i'm going to apply for OCI in person at HCI London. Do i've to enclose the photo copy of the cancelled Indian passport or Just copy of the Surrenderance Certificate. Some Counsulate website says both. Could anyone please confirm the enclosures
Copy of Indian Passport is needed as well as copy of Surrender Certificate, and copy of British Passport

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:12 pm

Both myself and my wife submitted copies of our surrender certificate at the HCI. Copies of the cancelled Indian Passport is not required.