ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VWP entry & minor criminal record

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sophiedb
Newly Registered

VWP entry & minor criminal record

Post by sophiedb » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:56 pm

I know that this isn't strictly an immigration question, but hope that someone will be able to help.

My husband is being sent to the US by his employers, only for 5 days, but he has 2 criminal convctions dating from Dec 2004 (malicious damage to private property and common assault). Basically someone nearly ran him over, so he dented the guy's car and there was some punching. Not the best reaction, but the total penalty was AU$500 and this made no difference when we applied for his indefinite leave to remain in the UK (he is from New Zealand, the conviction was in Australia).

As far as we can tell there isn't anything on the I-94W form that requires him to declare this, but we just want to check. It would be pretty bad if he turned up for this short business visit only to be returned immediately..

Thank you for any advice,

Sophie