ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bettny
Newly Registered

appeal process

Post by bettny » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:41 pm

hiya ive been reading through the posts and cant find wat im after, just a few questions really.

ok so we handed in our visa app but im sure we will get refused so im trying to find out more about the appeal process.

im from the uk and my hubby is from serbia, atm im in serbia with him but will be flying back to the uk on the 9th of December to give birth to our daughter.

was wondering can i get a lawyer in the UK for our appeal or would we have to use some1 in Serbia?
also
when refused i know u have 28days to appeal but is that getting the paper work etc or just telling them ur appealing and u have extra time to collect evidence?
also once we have collected the evidence does it need to be handed in in Serbia or can i send it direct from the UK.

sorry if these are already answered but i cant find um.

anyway ty in advance for any help

batleykhan

Re: appeal process

Post by batleykhan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:48 pm

bettny wrote:hiya ive been reading through the posts and cant find wat im after, just a few questions really.

ok so we handed in our visa app but im sure we will get refused so im trying to find out more about the appeal process.

im from the uk and my hubby is from serbia, atm im in serbia with him but will be flying back to the uk on the 9th of December to give birth to our daughter.

was wondering can i get a lawyer in the UK for our appeal or would we have to use some1 in Serbia?

Yes you would need to appoint a lawyer here in UK, unless you feel confident and knowledgable enough to represent your hubby

also
when refused i know u have 28days to appeal but is that getting the paper work etc or just telling them ur appealing and u have extra time to collect evidence?

You should in that time provide evidence to refute the points that you have been refused. You have 28 days from the date you receive the refusal not the date you were refused on

also once we have collected the evidence does it need to be handed in in Serbia or can i send it direct from the UK.

You can send the appeal form to the BHC post that refused you, or to IAT in UK. My personal opinion is that you send it back to the BHC post where you applied and was refused as by sending it to IAT in UK. they will only forward it to the BHC post that refused it as only the Entry Clearance manager can overturn the refusal depending what you have stated and provided with the appeal.

whether you send it to BHC post or IAT, remember the time limit ( 28 days)

sorry if these are already answered but i cant find um.

anyway ty in advance for any help

bettny
Newly Registered

Post by bettny » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:17 pm

thanks for clearing that up for me! greatly appreciated!