ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice for Dual National UK/Irish eea2 application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

madmart132
Newly Registered

Advice for Dual National UK/Irish eea2 application

Post by madmart132 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi , hoping somebody can help us , I am an Irish/UK dual passport holder who was living with my wife in Spain until our baby was born in August 2010 , since then my wife obtained her entry visa and we applied for the eea2 residents card .
However at first the eea2 was turned down because of a lack of national insurance contributions which was a total nonsense , when we went to the first tier tribunal on appeal they never mentioned the NI contributions ( this is the Judge here !!) but tried to convince me that I needed to prove that I was working in Spain , because I was also a UK national .
The Judge appeared to have his own interpretation of the rules , but basically found in our favour because of our then 1 year old baby .

We were asked to submit our documents again within 3 weeks , a deadline that we missed and are now re-applying from the start , this time though the eea2 application has been changed and also includes a tickbox to say if you are also a UK citizen , do I have to tick this or not ?

Any help on this guys , for us this has now been going on over a year , there is no chance of them sending my wife back to Spain or Morocco but she wants to work and feels that the whole system here in the UK makes no sense at all .

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Advice for Dual National UK/Irish eea2 application

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:13 pm

madmart132 wrote:this time though the eea2 application has been changed and also includes a tickbox to say if you are also a UK citizen , do I have to tick this or not ?
Yes
madmart132 wrote:I am an Irish/UK dual passport holder
Life isn't fair, but you can be!