ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

surajkhan
Newly Registered

Visa Date

Post by surajkhan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:19 pm

Hi,

I have a confusion regarding the Tier 1 general visa category based on the date.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... igibility/

According to above link

Category 1 (Require 95 points) : Immigration Rules in place before 6 April 2010
Category 2 (Require 95 points) : Immigration Rules in place after 6 April 2010 and before 19 July 2010
Category 3 (Require 100 points) : Immigration Rules in place after 19 July 2010

My Tier 1 application details below:

Date of Application : 9th July 2010(I applied on this date)
Date of Successful : 26th July 2010 (this date is mentioned on the VISA and the letter from home office)
Date till Valid : 26th July 2012

So my confusion is am I falling under immigration rules before 19 July 2010 (category 2 which requires 95 points ) or Immigration Rules in place after 19 July 2010 (category which requires 100 points)?

Please clarify whether the date of application is considered or the successful date is consider for extension as I remember I was required 95 points by PBS when applied for Tier 1 general.

Thanks in advance.

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:06 pm

surajkhan
Newly Registered

Post by surajkhan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:24 pm

ankitv wrote:may be this can help.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

This above link only considers the date when the visa got stamped but I wanted to know, if I will be considered under the rules before 19th july 2010 or after that.

Becasue when I applied on 9th July and that time the website was not having any information about the post 19th july 2010 rules.

Please let me know on this.

Thanks

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:56 pm

surajkhan wrote:

This above link only considers the date when the visa got stamped
No it doesn't.

In terms of your question, firstly, a little bit of reading on this forum would reveal that amount of people asking the same question. (In the perfect world, people would use the forum to share information so that the same question doesn't get asked over and over).

Now, based on the information you provided yourself, which rules did get your visa under? Surely you could not have applied on the 9th of July on rules in place from 19 July? It's the same as someone today applying using the rules in place from April 2012 - not possible unless you can time travel.

surajkhan
Newly Registered

Visa Date

Post by surajkhan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:17 pm

mulderpf wrote:
surajkhan wrote:

This above link only considers the date when the visa got stamped
No it doesn't.

In terms of your question, firstly, a little bit of reading on this forum would reveal that amount of people asking the same question. (In the perfect world, people would use the forum to share information so that the same question doesn't get asked over and over).

Now, based on the information you provided yourself, which rules did get your visa under? Surely you could not have applied on the 9th of July on rules in place from 19 July? It's the same as someone today applying using the rules in place from April 2012 - not possible unless you can time travel.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi mulderpf,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I understand it, but I want to clarify the dates.

Please let me know if the date or application is considered or date the stamping is done?

Thanks