ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice in Work Student permit Urgent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sailesh

Advice in Work Student permit Urgent

Post by sailesh » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi i would like someone to advice me concerning work condition
i apply for my visa with a Tier 4 A rating college got the visa and my ID card states no work Now my college is in Highly Trusted list
Do i need to really my visa to get back the work permit or do i need to call the home office

Please any advice will be much appreciated
thanks
Sailesh

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:02 pm

According to new rules, there is NO relationship between HTS status and work permission. Student can only work if studying in UK University or Govt. FE College.

'HTS' and 'A' are sponsor ratings provided by UKBA to all eligible colleges and Univesities. HTS can offer courses with work placement which is actually not a work permission, its a part of the course.

sailesh

Post by sailesh » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Thanks but my id states no work while my friend college is in HTS he got 20 hours work while so I want to change my status to work as the college has now given HTS

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:18 pm

sailesh wrote:Thanks but my id states no work while my friend college is in HTS he got 20 hours work while so I want to change my status to work as the college has now given HTS
please read Deviser's response above. HTS status is irrelevent in relation to permission to work. See also conditions during your stay and click on the link on this page that says: Can you work while you are a Tier 4 (General) student? (Students who applied to us on or after 4 July 2011)

It is not possible to comment on why your friend has permission to work without knowing his circumstances.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Write UKBA a letter and tell them your friend is studying in HTS institute and got 20 hours work permission and now you want to work 20 hours as your college got HTS status like your friend's college.

Only UKBA can do those changes to your visa so you should contact them.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Deviser wrote:Write UKBA a letter and tell them your friend is studying in HTS institute and got 20 hours work permission and now you want to work 20 hours as your college got HTS status like your friend's college.

Only UKBA can do those changes to your visa so you should contact them.
This will make no difference - as per the link I have posted and your initial reply Deviser, HTS status does not mean that a student will be given permission to work.

We don't know

- what HTS institute the friend is studying at (whether it is private or HEI/Public funded FE college
- whether he is sponsored by a publicly funded HE college/HEI although studying at a partner private college
- when he made his application.

The rules are clear - if you applied after 4 July 2011:
"You are not allowed to work in the UK if you are on a course at any level with an education provider that is not a UK higher education institution or a publicly funded further education college (unless you are on a short-term study abroad degree programme at an overseas higher education institution)."