ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP unsuccessful - How do I appeal?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nadine123
Newly Registered

HSMP unsuccessful - How do I appeal?

Post by nadine123 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:39 pm

I submitted my HSMP application with all relevant documentation in April. I did not use a visa agency.

I then had a job offer this week and faxed this through. I have just received the letter and they have turned down my application as I apparently I did not demonstrate 4 years graduate level work experience.

I am an IT Consultant and have mainly worked as a Helpdesk Manager or Helpdesk Systems Consultant/Implementator.

I believe I meet the criteria for the visa AND I have a job offer for a Helpdesk management role. The appeal information in the HSMP guidance notes refers to a seemingly non-existant HSMP (rev) form. What can I do? Please Help.

unixguru
Newly Registered

Post by unixguru » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:58 pm

Nadine,

It might help to know your age, total work experience, education etc... It has been my experience that most people applying for under 28 HSMP almost always need a degree. Give further details and I will try to help.

Shaun

fomar

Post by fomar » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:38 am

nadine123,

read this:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=review

Also, try to share the details of your application with us

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:10 am

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=917

Also it is clear from several postings, that a fresh (re-submit) application is taking considerably lesser time than review. Also it will allows you to submit more evidence.

nadine123
Newly Registered

Post by nadine123 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:58 pm

Thanks everyone for all for your assistance so far.

I am under 28, have a degree but was awarded 0 points for work experience. I did include references and my current work permit required me to be in a graduate level job so it doesn't make sense. Some of my references were very basic as the large corporations I have worked for will not give detailed written references any longer.

I have contacted a few agencies/legal companies that deal with visas and I think I am just going to have to bear the expense of going through one of these to either submit an appeal or a new application. Unfortunately by that time my job offer will probably not be available.

fomar

Post by fomar » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:49 pm

nadine123,

Please note that if your work reference letters are just in the form of just specifying job designation, starting and ending dates without specifying details of tasks and duties, it is most probably that HSMP team will give 0 points.

Please review the HSMP Guidance in www.workingintheuk.com

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:38 am

nadine123,
Even if you go thru the visa agency they will need you to get these letters or other proof from your employers to prove your 4 yr work experience. The visa agents do not promise to get you the approval without any docs of proof.
If you share your appl details and take formats shared by a lot of successful candidates here (quite a few formats are floating). You can probably re-apply faster.
Mini