ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) + Set(M) question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ak1612
Newly Registered

FLR(M) + Set(M) question

Post by ak1612 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Hello

I'm confused and would really appreciate some advise.

I've got my ILR today under 10 years rule, I have got a dependant wife who is still on Tier2 dependant visa.
My question is, does she have to apply for her FLR (M) asap? is there a time limit? money is a bit tight and it's christmas..would rather do it a bit later if we could..
Also, she's been on tier2 dependant visa for more then 2 years now so I'm guessing as soon as she gets her FLR(M) dependant visa she can apply for set (M) streight away? Or does she still have to wait for 2 more years?

Really confused, can't find the right info on UKBA ((
Help!! :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) + Set(M) question

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:22 pm

ak1612 wrote:My question is, does she have to apply for her FLR (M) asap? is there a time limit?
No. No. She should apply for FLR(M) before her leave expires, or before it's curtailed, or before she travels, whichever is sooner.
ak1612 wrote:she's been on tier2 dependant visa for more then 2 years now so I'm guessing as soon as she gets her FLR(M) dependant visa she can apply for set (M) streight away?
Yes, if your Tier 2 leave was in a Tier 2 sub-category that was eligible for settlement (287(a)(i)(d)).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sh1974
Newly Registered

Post by sh1974 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:18 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
ak1612 wrote:My question is, does she have to apply for her FLR (M) asap? is there a time limit?
No. No. She should apply for FLR(M) before her leave expires, or before it's curtailed, or before she travels, whichever is sooner.
ak1612 wrote:she's been on tier2 dependant visa for more then 2 years now so I'm guessing as soon as she gets her FLR(M) dependant visa she can apply for set (M) streight away?
Yes, if your Tier 2 leave was in a Tier 2 sub-category that was eligible for settlement (287(a)(i)(d)).
hi
Is this apply for tier1 general visa holder or only tier2?
I am on tier1 general valid until january 2013,but i will be completing 10 years long residence in febrauary 2012.I have my dependants living with me since 2005 as student dependants then hmp and tier1 dependants.
i want to know can my dependant apply for ilr after switcing to flrm,i mean with out waiting 2 years.
PLEASE HELP ME.
IF ANY ONE HAD SUCCESFULLY SWITCH FROM FLRM TO ILR WITHOUT WAITING FOR YEARS IN THIS FORUM?IF YES THEN PLEASE COME FORWARD AND HELP ME.
Can any one clearly explain me section 287(a)(i)(d).
Thanks in advance.
IS SOME ONE HAD A REAL TIME EXPERIANCE

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:38 pm

sh1974 wrote:Is this apply for tier1 general visa holder
Yes.
sh1974 wrote:i want to know can my dependant apply for ilr after switcing to flrm,i mean with out waiting 2 years.
Yes.

And, please don't shout.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:26 am

deleted

dewales001

Post by dewales001 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:16 am

Hi,

I'm a bit confused also. I was granted ILR last month under 10 Years rule (8 Years student and 2 Years Tier 1(PSW)). My wife came into the UK as a student dependant in July 2009 and later changed to Tier 1 (PSW) dependant in December 2009. She applied for FLR (M) today at one of the Home Office PEO and the application was successful.

My question is, when can she apply for her ILR? I was thinking she can apply ASAP after getting her FLR (M), but spoke with the CW at the PEO today and he said NO, she will have to wait for another 2 Years of her Spouse visa.

I quoted the immigration rule Part 8, Para.(287(a)(i)(d)) , but the guy said Tier 1 (PSW) is not included in Para. 287(d) . I'm really confused now.

Is the Caseworker wrong? Some please advise.

samfrmlondon

ILR or FLR (M)

Post by samfrmlondon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:35 am

Hi all,

These forum is always helpful to me.

Please advise me.

My husband was on Tier 2 visa and got ILR in last week only.
I came as a dependent of my husband in 2007 and than i got job in UK and than i ve changed my visa from dependent to tier 2 visa in 2009 .so since 2009 i am on tier 2 visa.I have one son and he was born 8 month ago in UK and carrying indian passport without any visa .
As now my husband got ilr , what shall I do ? Shall I get ILR straight away or can I switch to other catgory ?If so which one? Please advise same for my baby .

Many Thanks.

Amee

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:19 am

dewales001 wrote:Hi,

I'm a bit confused also. I was granted ILR last month under 10 Years rule (8 Years student and 2 Years Tier 1(PSW)). My wife came into the UK as a student dependant in July 2009 and later changed to Tier 1 (PSW) dependant in December 2009. She applied for FLR (M) today at one of the Home Office PEO and the application was successful.

My question is, when can she apply for her ILR? I was thinking she can apply ASAP after getting her FLR (M), but spoke with the CW at the PEO today and he said NO, she will have to wait for another 2 Years of her Spouse visa.

I quoted the immigration rule Part 8, Para.(287(a)(i)(d)) , but the guy said Tier 1 (PSW) is not included in Para. 287(d) . I'm really confused now.

Is the Caseworker wrong? Some please advise.
the caseworker is correct - tier 1 PSW/PSW dependent does not lead to settlement, so the time spent as a PSW dependent does not count towards the two year probationary period.