ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rjpanther
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit Application

Post by rjpanther » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:13 am

I made a research about EEA Family Permit Application, but still I am never confident specially now for my future application.

I've been married to a Lithuanian for 1 year and 3 months now. And we haven't seen each other for that long as well as he had to go back to UK for work after our wedding, well not right after :P after few days, although he arrived in our country more than a week before our wedding. Because we have to attend seminars and counseling together we cannot get a license to marry without attending those together. Although we met already before we got married he came back after 3 months of our first meeting to marry me. He will fly back here in our country at the end of December this year and will stay here for 2 months and a half. So basically he has to quit his job so he can stay here longer because his job does not allow him to have a long vacation and he is only temporarily working to an agency and he has to leave of course the flat he is renting because he will be gone for a while and not gonna be working. (he already got a roundtrip ticket)

Right now he doesn't have any savings at all like zero in his account maybe not zero but he will use it so it will be. We experienced personal problems that caused him not to be able to save anything. I am only working part time doing online entry jobs.

What are our chances what do we need? I keep hearing that bank statement is not required? But it doesn't seem so when it comes to reality maybe it says in the law but they do not follow? If you appeal it will take a very very long time???? And surely it may not be required but bank account being overdrawn every salary doesn't sound good? I will not specify the reason behind that being overdrawn because it is a different case. Although he never turned into a public funds as he has always been working in fact he has EEA1 even if they are not required to have it he just applied for one just in case we might need it.

So what do we do? What chance do we have? My husband although has a roundtrip ticket but he intend to stay longer if for example my application will be denied or disapproved by UKBA.... but the thing is he doesn't want to stay here that long not doing anything.. no work I can work but what about him? Doesn't sound good that the wife works and the husband stays at home. And he really wants us to be in UK than in my country because my country is very far from his country he cannot visit his family that often and he is close to them unlike me I have been away from my family since my family is scattered to different places and not so close like he does.

Well so much of my story telling..... What do we need? What do we do? What do we submit? We are even having problems answering other questions to the form VAF5, I wish I can ask anyone here to help us how to answer that form some questions are tricky. And we are worried we might not be able to create a proper letter for the application.

What do we need to do? Do we have a chance? What documents do we need? The major documents they need to see?

Will it complicate the application if I will ask my aunt to write a letter to include in my application that she will support me in my stay in UK a letter from her with her bank statement account? (My aunt is in USA) although I do not intend for her to really support me but just for documentation for the application as I will work and my husband will work. Just now we do not have anything at all.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:38 am

The VAF5 is full of questions which are not relevant for EEA Family Permit. UKBA reused an application format which is suitable for UK immigration laws and not EEA regulations.

For most questions (anything to do with finance or the non-EEA employment), you can leave blank or write "N/A for EEA applications".

The evidence required is quite simple:
- marriage certificate
- Proof of exercising treaty rights in the UK. The EEA1 Residence card + some recent payslips should be enough.
- Passports.

Reading this thread might help.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:39 am

Bank statements are not required. You might have read that people in Russia or Ukraine include bank statements in their applications following the principle "The more I include the better" which is simply wrong.

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi.... so should we still show his payslips even if he is no longer working with them during the application as I mentioned he will quit his job at the end of december because he will fly over in our country and stay here for 2 months and half so when he gets back he will have to apply for another job.... so we don't have any mortgage or rent to show as well as he will quit the flat he is renting coz it's so expensive to pay for a flat if you are not there......

hi nimitta no I never read or heard about that russian or ukraine thing....
I am talking about this :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... permit.pdf

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:25 pm

hmmm that site is the supporting documents provided by ukba for eea family permit :) so that is why I am asking coz everyone says it is not necessary but the ukba includes that in their supporting docs

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA Family Permit Application

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:43 pm

rjpanther wrote:I made a research about EEA Family Permit Application, but still I am never confident specially now for my future application.

I've been married to a Lithuanian for 1 year and 3 months now. And we haven't seen each other for that long as well as he had to go back to UK for work after our wedding, well not right after :P after few days, although he arrived in our country more than a week before our wedding. Because we have to attend seminars and counseling together we cannot get a license to marry without attending those together. Although we met already before we got married he came back after 3 months of our first meeting to marry me. He will fly back here in our country at the end of December this year and will stay here for 2 months and a half. So basically he has to quit his job so he can stay here longer because his job does not allow him to have a long vacation and he is only temporarily working to an agency and he has to leave of course the flat he is renting because he will be gone for a while and not gonna be working. (he already got a roundtrip ticket)

Right now he doesn't have any savings at all like zero in his account maybe not zero but he will use it so it will be. We experienced personal problems that caused him not to be able to save anything. I am only working part time doing online entry jobs.

What are our chances what do we need? I keep hearing that bank statement is not required? But it doesn't seem so when it comes to reality maybe it says in the law but they do not follow? If you appeal it will take a very very long time???? And surely it may not be required but bank account being overdrawn every salary doesn't sound good? I will not specify the reason behind that being overdrawn because it is a different case. Although he never turned into a public funds as he has always been working in fact he has EEA1 even if they are not required to have it he just applied for one just in case we might need it.

So what do we do? What chance do we have? My husband although has a roundtrip ticket but he intend to stay longer if for example my application will be denied or disapproved by UKBA.... but the thing is he doesn't want to stay here that long not doing anything.. no work I can work but what about him? Doesn't sound good that the wife works and the husband stays at home. And he really wants us to be in UK than in my country because my country is very far from his country he cannot visit his family that often and he is close to them unlike me I have been away from my family since my family is scattered to different places and not so close like he does.

Well so much of my story telling..... What do we need? What do we do? What do we submit? We are even having problems answering other questions to the form VAF5, I wish I can ask anyone here to help us how to answer that form some questions are tricky. And we are worried we might not be able to create a proper letter for the application.

What do we need to do? Do we have a chance? What documents do we need? The major documents they need to see?

Will it complicate the application if I will ask my aunt to write a letter to include in my application that she will support me in my stay in UK a letter from her with her bank statement account? (My aunt is in USA) although I do not intend for her to really support me but just for documentation for the application as I will work and my husband will work. Just now we do not have anything at all.
As others have said, completing the form in the manner they suggest is not mandatory, that means it does not need to be done. You need to submit the documents required as per the 2006 regulations and that's it.

There was a time when the UKBA applied immigration rules to those who applied from outside the UK. That has been ruled to be offside.

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:54 pm

Hi EUsmileWEallsmile

can you tell me what is the rule for that 2006? or any link so I can read more coz am only relying at ukba website.... so which site can help me that will give me clear answer about ... well like saying that that is what we need and no need for bank statement like real law not just posts from anywhere ....

thank you so much

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:00 am

Your aunt is not relevant. Your husband is.

All you need is proof of relationship (marriage or otherwise); proof that spouse is working (or otherwise engaging treaty rights), passports.

Please read the 2006 immigration (EEA regulations) and 2004/38/EC

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:29 am

rjpanther wrote:hi nimitta no I never read or heard about that russian or ukraine thing....
I am talking about this :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... permit.pdf
This guide (as the form itself) is based on a template which is not relevant to EEA application.

Anyway, the form clearly states on the top:
It is not a list of documents that you must submit. We do not expect you to provide all of the documents listed
below; it is for you to decide which documents are most relevant to your application.
And if look at other sections in the guide it uses "you may", "you might want to". All are suggestions which are not legally required.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:34 am

rjpanther wrote:Hi EUsmileWEallsmile

can you tell me what is the rule for that 2006? or any link so I can read more coz am only relying at ukba website.... so which site can help me that will give me clear answer about ... well like saying that that is what we need and no need for bank statement like real law not just posts from anywhere ....

thank you so much
Read Supporting documents for an EEA family permit from the UKBA website.

tina79

Post by tina79 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:39 pm

hi,

i dont wanna turn you down, but they need more evidence of your relationship.

my husband eea family permit application was refused yesterday even we provided lots of doc and evidence. they still dont believe in our marrige.
we were together one year before we got married....

i suggest u to give them msn chat, phone bills, loooots of pictures, evidence of your "true" love relationship....

Good luck!

soloblue
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by soloblue » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:14 am

Tina79,
I agree with you, it is better to provide evidence of the relation.
I have printed the skype record, you can do so up to 6 months.

Could you kindly tell me which embassy has refused the family permit?
Thank you and I hope it is resolved for you by now...

tina79

Post by tina79 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:45 am

Hi,

the thing is that if you are an EEA they should not ask you any chat proof,pay slip ect. ...but more evidence you give them more question they will ask...you mainly have to provide them lost of pictures before your marriage and phone bills if you can. the chat notes are private things but the embassy does not care.

It was in Istanbul and we went through hell. I called next day the consul and sent them a very strong letter.

Unfortunately they work under order. Whatever the government tells them they will do. If they say to them "hold on visas" they will do it. if they say to them "daily only 2 visas to accept" they will only do that....and not mentioned who is the person who deals with your case. If it's someone who takes his/her job serious then you are more likely to get it as the person will ask more and more docs to make ur life hard....

I lost a baby last year and my husband told them this too and i had ready the proof from the doctor and they told my husband " well this is life"....to be honest we are actually thinking to settle in Turkey because we see the life much better over there.

And the fact that im from EU country we can go anywhere in EU without any problem its only UK causing big issue over our marriage.

Hope your case will go forward smoothly and you will have no problem.

Good luck!

yamcheka

Post by yamcheka » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:42 am

hello everyone!

my first application was also refused. pls follow thread on this link: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 393#611393 i really need any advice from you guys... your suggestions matters so much!
Never give up!