ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success @ Solihull with WP -> Tier 1 G + 1 dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arun_prasad
Newly Registered

ILR success @ Solihull with WP -> Tier 1 G + 1 dependant

Post by arun_prasad » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi,

Been a silent spectator on this forum and wanted to share my unique experience in the process of receiving my ILR.

I'm a resident of London but chose to got to Solihull instead of Croydon which is apparently offering Saturday appointments this month. This is primarily to take advantage of the fact that the payment is made after a thorough verification of the documents.

I had a my appointment at 9:30 but reached the home office at 11:00 AM because the cross country rail service had issues and the train was stopped two stations before Solihull which was indeed a village with no taxi services. Luckily the station master arranged for a van to drop all of the passengers till Solihull.

When I explained my situation at the home office they said OK and asked me to come in.

When the case worker called me after some 20 mins (in the form of a token number) I went there and gave my application form. What was interesting is that I spent not more than 10 minutes with him. While checking the form he noticed that I had filled in the criminal conviction part and he advised me that if it was a conviction I would stand to loose the money as the CRB check can be done only after payment of fees.

I hope this experience of mine will bring a relief to many of you guys.

Conviction - Not paid the correct train fare while travelling on TFL and hence taken to the magistrate court with no questions or so asked. Plead guilty via post and paid a fine of £150.

The biggest doubt I had was that anything done via magistrate court would stand for a criminal conviction. This is what the case worker also advised me and strongly discouraged me to take this application forward. He also said that he not sure if CRB is alone checked or there is some other data checked as well.

But I insisted saying that I had done a CRB check myself and it came out clean. Upon this the CW went to speak to someone else and came back and told me lets proceed further and if in case the CRB is not clean then I should be ready to accept the rejection. I agreed.

After this he just asked me

12 month payslips
bank statements for the period
co habitation docs ( he was quite particular about covering the 2 year period. Indeed I happen to see a check list which had Jan - Dec listed in 2 rows for 2 year coverage)

A few questions around one payslip which was more than usual and he asked if it were to be any kind of reimbursement to which I told him to check the tax as I paid tax to whole lot and hence it is a valid pay.

What was interesting is that he didnot ask me any more docs or P-60 or anything I carried there.

He said he is happy to grant the ILR provided the CRB check is fine and asked me to come back after 2 hours.

But I got back the passport after 4 hours due to some delays and I was pleased with the results and the day well spent.

So the bottomline is for people who have similar issues do the CRB check first using Disclosure Scotland or anything similar and then start worrying only if it comes back with a criminal record there. Otherwise you are absolutely fine.

Also the absence of an entry on the CRB certificate could be attributed to 2 reasons : Either it is a human error where its not entered or offence could have been a non recordable one as I've seen it some forums.

But the CRB check has proved to be the golden source of such data. Hope this puts to rest some of the dilemmas as I had seen on this forum earlier expressed by some people.

Thanks for all the posts here and I hope my post also helps someone.

Arun

Nav8
Newly Registered

Post by Nav8 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:17 pm

Yup, it definitely helped me.. Thanks for sharing