ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - legal marriage only

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pauldm21
Scotland

Spouse Visa - legal marriage only

Post by pauldm21 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Quick question regarding obtaining a spouse visa for my Peruvian Fiance. We are planning on getting married in Peru (March 2012). Due to short timescales involved and family being unable to travel, we were planning on having a civil ceremony (legal marriage) in Peru in March 2012 and the a religious ceremony in a church (my fiance is catholic) in Scotland around August 2012.

Can we apply for a spouse visa straight away after our legal marriage? I think there is no requirement for us to have both ceremonies before applying for a uk spouse visa?

thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:50 pm

If the marriage you intend to celebrate is legal and officially recognised by the State in Peru then it will equally be recognised by the UK for immigration purposes.

carlabeach

Post by carlabeach » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Only the civil ceremony will be take into account for your visa process. The religious ceremony is for you both and your family.