ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What should I do?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chemistry

What should I do?

Post by Chemistry » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:28 pm

I have read wonderful contributions on this forum, and I have a questionthat has been bothering me for sometime now. I just need advice. The question id detailed below:

I will be 10 year legally in the UK in the next few months. I plan to apply for ILR 10 years. My concern is that I am eligible to apply just 2 and half months before my current visa, and that of my wife and children expire. If I send my application without theirs, there is a concern that I may not have receive back my ILR before theirs expire considering the waiting time.

Now to my question? Is it possible, safe and legal for me to send their FLR(M) application along with my ILR application form the same time to avoid their visa running out while waiting for mine?

Looking forward to reading your contributions.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: What should I do?

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:24 am

Chemistry wrote:I am eligible to apply just 2 and half months before my current visa, and that of my wife and children expire.
1. Apply for settlement (self) at the earliest opportunity when you become eligible to apply.
2. If you have not received a decision before your dependants' leave is due to expire, then submit FLR(M) application for them and include a covering letter clearly mentioning that you (the sponsor) have applied for settlement under long residence and the application is under consideration. Include necessary details about your application in the covering letter (e.g. - name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, settlement application reference number).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Chemistry

Post by Chemistry » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:52 pm

Thank you very much fior that advice. It will really help.