ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tourist visa application ban

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

firstborn
Newly Registered

tourist visa application ban

Post by firstborn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:47 pm

Hi,i applied for students visa to study in the uk in feb 2009. I was issued one year visa which was due to expire feb 2010. I applied to extend d visa few weeks before the expiration of my visa but my application was refused due to insufficientt funds. I apealed against the decision but i lost the appeal. I took my case to a higher court to apeal against the last decision. Unfortunately i lost the appeal again. All this took about 9 months after my visa had expired.i returned to my home country within 28 days after d last apeal was refused in nov 2010. Now i have just applied for a tourist visa and
?? i was refused with a 5year ban with limited right of apeal. Please can anyone explain to me y i hav been banned and what steps to take cos i left the uk voluntarily and covered all my travel expense myself without support fro the state.

push
United Kingdom

Re: tourist visa application ban

Post by push » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:10 pm

firstborn wrote:Hi,i applied for students visa to study in the uk in feb 2009. I was issued one year visa which was due to expire feb 2010. I applied to extend d visa few weeks before the expiration of my visa but my application was refused due to insufficientt funds. I apealed against the decision but i lost the appeal. I took my case to a higher court to apeal against the last decision. Unfortunately i lost the appeal again. All this took about 9 months after my visa had expired.i returned to my home country within 28 days after d last apeal was refused in nov 2010. Now i have just applied for a tourist visa and
?? i was refused with a 5year ban with limited right of apeal. Please can anyone explain to me y i hav been banned and what steps to take cos i left the uk voluntarily and covered all my travel expense myself without support fro the state.
why did you apply for the tourist visa? Which ECO did you apply at? Have you been given any reason for the rejection/ban?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

firstborn
Newly Registered

Post by firstborn » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:23 pm

I applied fro republic of congo to visit a friend on invitation over the christmas period. Reason i was banned was they claimed i had over stayed my last visa, but that was becos of the appeal i had at the time.

diehard

Post by diehard » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:05 pm

Did u mention the earlier refusal in your application?

also if u did, u need to provide proof of appeal i.e tribunal papers with your application as for some reason Home office and tribunal do not seem to have communication with each other :(

firstborn
Newly Registered

Post by firstborn » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:19 pm

No i didn't because i thought they shuld already have that information on their system. Please what steps do i need to take now? Appeal against the visa application refusal and enclose the tribunal papers or do i make a fresh application?

Ps: I was given a limited right of appeal

diehard

Post by diehard » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:37 am

there u go, just because you assumed that they will have the records u did not provide them the very imp part of info that u had a refusal of extension, hence u got the ban.

If i was you my friend i would appeal and include all appeal papers while u were in the uk and write a detailed letter explaining everything.

firstborn
Newly Registered

Post by firstborn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:23 am

Does it matter if i was given limited right of appeal? If it does'nt where do i get appeal forms, as i was not given any at the embassy on d day i picked up my passport.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:42 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

firstborn
Newly Registered

Post by firstborn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:55 am

Thank you xx