ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Long Residence 10 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ankit0708
Newly Registered

ILR Long Residence 10 years

Post by ankit0708 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi there,

Just wanted to get someone's opinion on my situation below:

I entered the country on 02/12/2001 and was a student visa until September 2008. From September 2008 - September 2010, I have been on the post-study work visa.

Then from September 2010 until September 2013, I am currently on the Tier 4 (skilled workers) category.

1. I was wondering whether I can apply for ILR now?
2. What documents do I need to send?
3. Do I need to do the Life in the UK test even though I went to university here?

I am also married and my wife came in the country in November 2003.
4. I cannot include her on my application, can I?
5. Is it better for me to apply for ILR first and then (assuming I get it) get her to apply as a dependent of someone settled in the UK?

Anyone's thoughts on this will be much appreciated!

Kind Regards,

AK

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:51 pm

1. No earlier than 28 days before the 10th anniversary of your date of entry in the UK.
2. Read SET(O) form.
3. Yes.
4. No.
5. Yes, if their current leave is not due to expire soon after you become eligible to apply.

See also Long residence (276A - 276D).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!