ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hsmp renewal info

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arunt
Newly Registered

hsmp renewal info

Post by arunt » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:11 pm

Hello guys ... would like some inputs on my HSMP case. A brief of my scenario...

My HSMP was approved in Nov 2005 and my EC was given from Jan 2006 to Jan 2007. However, I am still not in UK - due to personal and professional reasons. I already have a job for when I get there and intend to enter in the middle of August.

My question is, will I have a problem getting an extension as I did not enter the country till about 7 months after getting my EC?

Inputs will be greatly appreciated...
Last edited by arunt on Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sdd7677
Newly Registered

Post by sdd7677 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:36 am

well, it wont be a big problem if you are going to start your job quickly after you come to UK but to be at safer side yous hould be able to provide six months payslips to get further extesnion on your visa. and it wil take time to get National insurance and other things even if you have got job in UK.....so have a spare one month as buffer....but there is no rule that you have be in country for XXXX period of time to get furtehr extesnion.

arunt
Newly Registered

Post by arunt » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:34 pm

Thanks sdd7677

Markie

Post by Markie » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:51 pm

sdd7677 wrote:well, it wont be a big problem if you are going to start your job quickly after you come to UK but to be at safer side yous hould be able to provide six months payslips to get further extesnion on your visa. and it wil take time to get National insurance and other things even if you have got job in UK.....so have a spare one month as buffer....but there is no rule that you have be in country for XXXX period of time to get furtehr extesnion.
it's not how many month's lsary slips you'll need to provide but the assurance that you become economically active - this will be the main point of the review on the HO's perspective. Some of the members of this board even had 1-2 or 3 pay slips to be presented to the home office.

In the end, you really got to prove to them that you are economically active and you've done as much as you can to be economically active without resorting to public funds.

markie

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:31 pm

The HSMP website state that you have to be "economically active". So if, say, I don't have a job for which my profession is stated in the applicant but working as a clerk, does that qualify as economically active and can apply for PR after the 5 years period?

I am just being critical and want to know, just in case there is another economic downturn such as that in 2001, where most IT companies went down the hill and many IT professionals don't have a job for 6 months or more or even have to switch profession.