ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of Surname

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bashir2003
Newly Registered

change of Surname

Post by bashir2003 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:49 pm

Hi there gurus,,

First of all my heartiest regards to all of you..

I landed in UK end of May under HSMP scheme, got myself on job the next day as IT consultant.

Well, Presently I am undergoing the process of filing P46, Availing new NI, applying for Bank Account etc.

I realized that I had written my surname as 'X' in the HSMP Form, however my family name is 'Y'. I was bit confused with the concept of Surname, hence i made the mistake in writing the surname.

The name in my passport is as follows
'X then FirstNAME then Midlname then Famlname which is(Y)'

I want to apply for all my P46, NI, Bank Account with the actual family name as 'Y' in 'Surname' Field.

Will this mismatch affect in renewing my HSMP Visa, I mean when i approach HSMP office with Tax statement, Bank statemetn, NI details etc wtih the Surname as 'Y',, will this confuse thier records..

Can I explain to HSMP at that moment. or is this a issue?.

Also please note, in my HSMP Visa my name is written exactly as mentioned in passport.
'X then FirstNAME then Midlname then Famlname which is(Y)'.

I am bit worried now...
Any advise or suggestion by gurus will be helpful.

Thanks and Best Regards.

bashir2003
Newly Registered

Post by bashir2003 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:17 pm

Please can anyone reply to my question,, will be very grateful..

Thanks

bkhan

Post by bkhan » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:38 am

In the UK and most Western countries, surname is the last name. So next time use the following format no matter what your surname is.

Surname = Your LAST Name (As written on passport).

First Name = Your First Name (As written on passport). Forget the desi way of sometimes writing surname in the beginning

Middle Name = Your Middle name (As written on passport)

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:20 pm

I faced this issue, while NI process. All you have to give is a declaration, that you use X as your last name too. In bank they will look for exact match to your utility bills.

bashir2003
Newly Registered

change of surname

Post by bashir2003 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:04 pm

Thanks Bkhan, and Timefactor for your advise and feedback..

I have already booked all my utility under the right surname.. hope those utility bills will be sufficient to prove the Home office my correct surname.

Regards