ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of employment query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

searchers
Newly Registered

Change of employment query

Post by searchers » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi,

I am enquiring regarding change of employment under the Tier 2 Genenral category.

I am currently working under the Tier 2 General Skilled worker category and I will be eligible to apply for ILR in March 2012. I have been with my current employer for over 3 years now and have been offered a similar job role with a new employer for better salary. I understand that the new employer would need to get themselves registered with the Border Agency, before giving me a license.

What I would like to know is that once a certificate has been given to be by my new employer, would I need to apply for Leave To Remain again as I would be quite close to making an ILR application sooner.

I would appreciate if you could guide me in the right direction.

Regards

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:58 pm

you either satisfy ILR requirements or you DONT....at the time of application submission date.

if you do, then go for ILR

if you do NOT (and i think you dont cuz you say you are 'close') then go for tier 2... and switch once you DO satisfy ILR requirements

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Change of employment query

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:01 am

searchers wrote:What I would like to know is that once a certificate has been given to be by my new employer, would I need to apply for Leave To Remain again.
Yes, if you wish to work for the new employer.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

searchers
Newly Registered

Post by searchers » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:39 am

Thanks for the quick reply. My situation is that at the time of application I will not have completed by ILR, however as it takes 6 weeks to process the postal application, I would be entitled for ILR.

Just trying to see if I can avoid making double applications and paying twice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:04 am

Let's try again:
If you can defer working for the new employer until you are granted settlement, then there is no need to apply for FLR. But, if you must start working for the new employer anytime before being granted settlement, then you must make a FLR application with CoS from the new employer.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

searchers
Newly Registered

Post by searchers » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:19 am

Thanks. Will try and see if I can delay start for the new job. Sometimes I hate the rules as there is no flexibility.