ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Posting abroad and ILR status

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

R S Hussain
Newly Registered

Posting abroad and ILR status

Post by R S Hussain » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi,

Any body can help me in my following querry?

I am in UK working as self employed on Tier 1 (General) Visa. Visa issued on 16th March 2009. First Entry 11th November 2009. Then went back on 16th December and came on 20th August 2010. It is clear that I shall be in need of FLR before ILR.

From 20th August 2010 to date, I only went for 25 days. Now I have been offered a new job from Irish Company and they have their subsidiary in UK as well. They want me to post in South Asia as I have to develop their business in that region but my salary will be transferred into my UK account from their UK subsidiary and my contributions like income tax and NI will be paid here. My continuous stay will ot be more than 90 days as I shall be visiting UK after 70-80 days to report them but I am afraid that the total period spend abroad will be far more than 6 months.

Could any body please give me expert opinion in this special case that how will I become eligible for ILR?

Looking forward
R S Hussain

imprezasti

Post by imprezasti » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Same situation here-employed by a uk company, taxes paid in the uk, working on an assignment abroad... surely this must be allowed under T1G...? Any thoughts?

sree_nair11

Post by sree_nair11 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:23 pm

You are eligible for more than 180 days of stay outside UK if they are for employment reasons. Your company will need to be a UK one and they have to give you an official letter stating that you are a UK employee and additional travel days are for work (specify all your trips in the document).

you should be fine in my view as you are paid in UK.